Dunkin' Donuts Coffee vs. Starbucks vs. McD vs. local coffee shops. Which is better?

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For a national chain, I'll take D 'n D any time. Locally, a coffee shop called Zumo's has their own roasts... that's the best coffee I've ever had. (=

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

IMO Dunkin Donuts is the BEST coffee...we don't have one near me, but every corner in NY where I used to live, the first thing I do when I get to NY is go to Dunkin Donuts!!...I crave this coffee!!
I have good friends from the Albany area and when they come to visit, they are always amazed at the number of DD- Robert says"they are on every corner!"
Whe I go visit them I say "where the heck are your coffee shops? You have to drive 10 miles just to get to alittle drive-in or local coffee shop!"

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer to get my coffee from Wawa. They have awesome subs and things too. It seems coffee shops never do well around here because we have tons of convenience store/gas stations all over the area, will the best coffee and stuff.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

IMO Dunkin Donuts is the BEST coffee...we don't have one near me, but every corner in NY where I used to live, the first thing I do when I get to NY is go to Dunkin Donuts!!...I crave this coffee!!
I think you can order thier coffee (well the beans anyway!) online....

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I have good friends from the Albany area and when they come to visit, they are always amazed at the number of DD- Robert says"they are on every corner!"
Whe I go visit them I say "where the heck are your coffee shops? You have to drive 10 miles just to get to alittle drive-in or local coffee shop!"
That is where I used to live, in the Albany area

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I think you can order thier coffee (well the beans anyway!) online....
I have ordered it...it doesn't taste the same though, but it's still good! I heard that DD double brew their coffee
, maybe I should try that!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All coffee is bad. Diet Coke is better! :lol

Actually, my husband orders shade grown coffee from cafe press. It gives native people the ability to farm a product without harming the rain forest. Costs a little more, but my DH loves it.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can't stand coffee (except coffee ice cream), but I have to say that Starbuck's iced tea is the very best anytime, anywhere! I have them put a splash of green tea into the black tea, plus some Splendas, and it's guaranteed to wake you right up and cool you right off. And they'll refill it for fifty cents!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My local coffee shop ... Roasted and grd on premises... choice of light medium or dark roast and region of coffee

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I will give Dunkin' Donuts beans a try and see how it is. I can't find a good local coffee shop around here. It is all chain store, Coffee Beans, Starbucks...etc

Starbucks is really overpriced. It is almost as much as lunch. I will continue to search for that local coffee shop. Wish me luck.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Local coffee shops are hit or miss...I've been to some absolutely fabulous to-die-for coffee shops and I've been to some really godawful ones. Starbucks coffee is extremely over-roasted, and I can tell that without being a coffee person. I don't go to McD's or DD, so I couldn't tell ya.

My favorite coffee chain is Intelligentsia

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol they all lose. The best coffee i have ever had was on the island of Java or indonesia

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol they all lose. The best coffee i have ever had was on the island of Java or indonesia
Show-off!

The best coffee is the freshest roasted, brewed within five days (no older!) or it gets bitter. I like Starbuck's, I guess for that reason.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I consider DH to be a coffee snob...so, I'll go based off his recommendations.

He doesn't care for McDonald's coffee, at least not the stuff he last tried. He has to put milk in Starbuck's coffee because it's so acidic, and I doubt he's had Dunkin' Donuts coffee. He prefers home made. I don't care for regular coffee so much.

However, if you want to go into specialty drinks, I LOVE Starbucks!

I typically get a nonfat caramel macchiato. When it gets warmer, I get it iced.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only drink Starbucks coffee... I prefer my coffee to not actually taste like coffee so I get different flavored ones.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seeing as I grind and brew my own it's difficut to say. Here's my list: Arabica (I don't know how local they are, but there are a lot in the Cleveland area), Gloria Gene's (local), and Starbucks.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The best is Dunkins. Starbucks is too bitter and too much $$$. It's also too foo-foo fancy for my tastes. McDonalds isn't that bad, but the worst is Burger King. The King now has 3 types - regular, decaf and turbo (which supposedly has more caffine). It tastes like mud. As for Tim Hortons, there are some in Rhode Island but I haven't been to one yet. I guess I'll have to go.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink lots of coffee and try lots of different kinds and brands. My favorite coffee of all time is Dunkin' Donuts. I buy bags at the store and bring them home, but it just isn't the same. I love a fresh hot cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee!!!!! Unfortunately, there are no Dunkin' Donuts here where I live in TN

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not crazy about dunkin donuts coffee but won't turn it down if it's offered

I like starbucks but to much $. I do like Green Mountain the one at McDonalds but I don't eat there! There's a place called coffee depot in the down I use to live in, they had the best coffee!!!! I still go there once in a while!!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am suddenly in desperate need of a coffee ... Curse my inability to ignore TCS!

Alas, the only coffee available in my building is from Starbucks, which I find too bitter (not to mention too pricy); Tim Hortons is too far away, whereas there's a Starbucks stand right outside my office.