DSH? This is what I think, others beg to differ 🤔

Brighton Cat Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my 6 month old kitten was sold to me as British Blue mix, however I believe he is a DSH. Friends are saying he must have a wild breed within him as he is fairly long and his physique is slender and muscular

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The only few things I know about a cat that is considered a British blue don't even apply to this cat, despite how adorable he is. Yes, they are typically considered muscular, but are not normally slender in build,and can in fact look a little 'husky'. They also usually have rounded, almost chubby cheeks. I realize your cat is not full grown, so things could change. But, given he was sold to you as a 'mix' pretty much says it all. Humor your friends if you want them to stop 'bugging' you, but yeah, I'd say he is a blue (gray) DSH mackerel tabby.

Here is an article on British Blue cats in case you haven't already looked it up yourself.
British Blue Cat - A Complete Guide to the British Shorthair Blue (thehappycatsite.com)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Brighton Cat Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only few things I know about a cat that is considered a British blue don't even apply to this cat, despite how adorable he is. Yes, they are typically considered muscular, but are not normally slender in build,and can in fact look a little 'husky'. They also usually have rounded, almost chubby cheeks. I realize your cat is not full grown, so things could change. But, given he was sold to you as a 'mix' pretty much says it all. Humor your friends if you want them to stop 'bugging' you, but yeah, I'd say he is a blue (gray) DSH mackerel tabby.

Here is an article on British Blue cats in case you haven't already looked it up yourself.
British Blue Cat - A Complete Guide to the British Shorthair Blue (thehappycatsite.com)
Thanks for your feedback, I did think his cheeks weren't chubby enough to be a BSH!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im sure he is no British ancestry. That said I wouldnt be surprised if he HAD some ancestry. What, Im not sure. But something. Some of his markings arent no typical mackerel tabby... left shoulder, left side up... Something isvthere.