Dr. Lisa Pierson food chart and Weruva

deborahshofatim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just revisited that Weruva chart myself. Last year I compared Weruva's Paw Licken Chicken to Tiki Cat Puka Puka Chicken. I found that the Puka Puka Chicken had zero carbs, no potato starch, and more food in the can. I just compared it again and found the following:

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken

Protein 64.7%

Fat 32.1%

Carbs 3.3%

Calories per can is 56 for the 3 ounce can

Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Puka Puka Chicken

Protein 82%

Fat 12%

Carbs 0%

Calories per can is 85 calories for the 2.8 ounce can, so you get roughly 52% more food per can.

I will stick to Tiki Cat because it still beats Weruva on carbs and I am getting more for my money. Last time I checked, I think Weruva was higher priced too! In case you haven't noticed, most of the Weruva products are more like soup than a meal so you are paying for a lot of water plus many of the foods are still high in carbs. I would go with Tiki which is just a better product and value all around. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Tiki cat too, but around here it's about $1.69 for 3 oz. so they don't get it as often as I would like.

deborahshofatim

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sticker Shock! I pay anywhere between $.79-$1.39 for the different Tiki Cat foods in that small can. I always try to buy local first but I do buy online when it pops up on sale. I like that Mr.Chewy's website .