Don't think ill of me ... but...

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What if, there's someone that always gets my back up, is there a way to ignore them so I don't act out of turn?

(I don't mean to be rude, really, but I tend to get weird about someone if they initially give me a truly bad feeling, and I worry that I'll be rude for no good reason toher than because I'm feeling haughty....I'm sorry, I'm not as nice a you think !)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as it isn't a moderator
you can add them to your Ignore list. Just go to your User CP, the second to last link is Buddy/Ignore List. Just put their username in the Ignore list side, and you won't even see their posts or be able to get PMs from them. If someone quotes their post to reply you will see that, but that's all you will see.

P.S. Moderators can't be added to Ignore lists because we need a way to get in touch with any member for administration purposes.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just try to not to let them get to you, and understand that what mostly comes out of their mouth (or in this case a keyboard) is probably smoke and mirrors-
either that or poor manners-

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Yeah, that!
If it's me would you guys please PM me and let me know? Honestly, I'm really receptive to criticism and I do want to know if I've offended anybody in anyway.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

If it's me would you guys please PM me and let me know? Honestly, I'm really receptive to criticism and I do want to know if I've offended anybody in anyway.
Me too please - I would not like to think I have offended anyone - it would not be intentional if I had. I'm not very intuative either so I dont often pick up on stuff if its subtle.

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
woah woah woah......we should all probably calm down...theres like a million people on this site....lets not get carried away...were all adults here......
I do aplogize I was the first to post a paranoid post

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nebula11

woah woah woah......we should all probably calm down...theres like a million people on this site....lets not get carried away...were all adults here......
I do aplogize I was the first to post a paranoid post
Your right of course - but its hard!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a big board, there is liable to be someone on here at any given time that is annoying to someone else. Don't just automatically assume it is you! If anyone has a real problem with anyone, mod, or member let Anne know. Contact her via email and she will help sort it out for you.Other than that, use your Ignore button feature that's why it is there-

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just a simple question, If a person is being ignored, would they be notified? Would they know they are being ignored. I actually was on a chat that when someone used the iggy button against you, you were notified. You knew you were being ignored, and by whom. I thought that was dumb, I'd rather ignore someone w/o them knowing
thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is the ignore button? Is what I mean....

(and nope, it wasn't anyone who responded
I wuv yoo guys.)

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Where is the ignore button? Is what I mean....

(and nope, it wasn't anyone who responded
I wuv yoo guys.)
Oh I hope it isn't me!!!

There is probably a simpler way of doing it, but if you look at a user's profile, at the top there are "Add to buddy list" and "Add to ignore list"
Click ignore.
Also in User CP you can click on buddy/ignore list and add their name there

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol thank you ashley.. I see it now, and also, thank you heidi, I must have missed your posty, I'm sorry :p

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

just a simple question, If a person is being ignored, would they be notified? Would they know they are being ignored. I actually was on a chat that when someone used the iggy button against you, you were notified. You knew you were being ignored, and by whom. I thought that was dumb, I'd rather ignore someone w/o them knowing
thanks.
No, there is no notification of being on someone's ignore list. I agree, that would be dumb!!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was playing the Weh? Is there a button in threads? .. .no...? ... Where is it.. (I'm not often perceptive, and I'm completely computer literate, lol, I should be able to deduce..)

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the easiest way i have seen to do it is...you click on there user name..If they are on....then when it brings up there profile you will see the 2 options of put on bubby list or on ignore list..........

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
been there, got the t-shirt....lol

It worked itself out....sometimes you just get rubbed the wrong way, but with so many felines, there are bound to be differences of opinion.
I have that problem a lot and think similar thoughts, but you either stay and work it out or the alternative is to not be here. I have taken a brief hiatus also and missed it and came back to try to be more understanding of opposing views. I just don't involve myself in really controversial topics now and respectfully ignore other opinions, or try to