Domi is in my Heart Furever

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh Domi, you were such a mischievous little monkey from the day I brought you & your brother Zets (passed January 24, 2013) home 17 1/2 years ago. You danced around, chased many red dots and made me laugh so much. You & Zets were always there for me through my numerous moves and whenever I was sad. You brought such joy to my life for 17 1/2 years! Everyone says that incredible, but I say that you. You never had a complaint about anything and never ever got sick. I think that losing your brother really hurt you and you missed him so much. Thank you baby, for helping me through the loss of Zetsy, you were amazing!! I hope you enjoyed your numerous walks throughout the neighbourhood and daily car rides; you're not a dog you silly monkey. [emoji]128522[/emoji] I am sorry if you were in pain sweetheart, but I know you did your best to be with me as long as you could. It breaks my heart to have an empty home now, but it makes me happy that you & Zetsy are together again. You will always be in my heart dear Do Do. Hehe. I will share your toys with your cousins (Drake & K.O.) when they come to stay with me. I will help all u wanted or hurt cats in honour of you & Zetsy; after all, you boys taught me how special cats are.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH BABY BOY. You are always with me.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss, and the terrible emptiness and pain you are going through right now. You've endured two tremendous losses in a year. You did the right thing, your precious baby is at peace now, with his brother who meant so much to him. You gave him 17 wonderful years full of love and joy, I wish all of our babies could have spent that long loving and bringing us such pleasure. Your tribute was wonderful, the love you shared came shining through. I pray that the memories of both of your precious kitties will comfort you in the years to come, and one day they will be remembered with smiles instead of tears. Take care of yourself, you will need a long time to heal. Please know we will all try to share your pain, try not to dwell on the death but rejoice in the love you two shared. Bless you for loving so much, that is why you hurt so bad. RIP beautiful Domi!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Domi.  What a lovely tribute to your little boy.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. Seventeen and a half years is a long time to share your life with such a loving creature, and his loss must really hurt. It's nice to think of him reunited with his brother, though. They really teach us a lot, don't they?

RIP, Domi. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much to both if you. It really hurts so bad right now. Being home alone feels really eery and it's so hard. I can't remove his food dishes or his toys. I sleep with his favourite toy and carry another one with me in my purse.
The things that keep me going is knowing that I spent Domis last day with him cuddling and loving him. Every time I left my bedroom he would wake up and watch for me to come back. The other thing is that he is reunited with his brother. He missed him dearly when he left us in 2013 and I know that. I am so thankful for having them both with me for 17 years and teaching me so much about love and myself.

Thank you for your kind words.

Love you Domi. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ [emoji]128575[/emoji]

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. Our memories do make me feel better but the sadness is still pretty strong.

This morning I felt Domi jump up onto my bed. He walked across my legs and came to snuggle with me. But when my heart starting beating really hard, he must have run away. I was awake when this happened too so I know it wasn't a dream. I have invited him back again tonight or anytime to visit me. I just wanna hug him and kiss him again.
Thank you for your message.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, @Adrianna25    I am so sorry for the loss of your Domi.  Now him and Zets can meet up again.

It's cool that Domi liked car rides.  He does sound like a dog.  I never knew some cats like to actually go riding.

prayers to you and Domi.

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Cat Nap

Thank you for your message. Domi was a really special cat for sure. I always said, if he could bark, he would. [emoji]128570[/emoji] He walked around on his leash to pet stores and right into the vet for checkups. Last summer, he would wake me up at 6am and scratch at the door to go out. So I would put his leash on and he would take me right to the car. He would jump in, I would take off his leash and he would lay on my lap to feel the air and watch the animals walking by. We would just sit in the car for hours talking and listening to music. Hahaha. I would only take him on short rides in the neighbourhood because it wasn't safe for him. He loved it! Then we would go home, he would eat, drink, get brushes and go to sleep until lunchtime when we would do it again. Hehehe. I miss him so much already. It's unbelievable that my strong healthy boy got so sick so quickly. Poor baby. I hate to think how sick he was and thats what hurts.

Anyways thanks so much for your prayers. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Anytime,  @Adrianna25....       Can I ask you then, where you got his name from?

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes of course. I am a huge Hockey fan, specifically Toronto Maple Leafs, and I named him after Tie Domi and his brother after Rob Zettler (his brother is Zetsy).

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes of course. I am a huge Hockey fan, specifically Toronto Maple Leafs, and I named him after Tie Domi and his brother after Rob Zettler (his brother is Zetsy).
Well, I thought so @Adrianna25  , but I wanted to be sure.  My sister used to watch the Leafs back in the day when Wendell Clark and Tie Domi were playing too.

So the day your cat Domi passed on, that same evening the Toronto Maple Leafs do not make the playoffs.  When I saw the news at night,  I remembered your cat, too.  I know its just a coincidence, but it made me pause.

Are those Leafs, ever going to make the playoffs?

(Don't answer that, I just wanted to take your mind off your missing Domi, for a minute.)

It is going to be very rough for you, because I lost my cat Sparky, at the end of January, and I still sometimes wake up and think it didn't really happen.  Then reality, sets in, and for me I am okay now, but it took over 3 months.

I know you know how it feels, because you had already lost your Zetsy, but just know that some day you will smile again, thinking about all the stuff those crazy cat brothers did.

mycatwasthebest

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Cat Nap

Thank you for your message. Domi was a really special cat for sure. I always said, if he could bark, he would. [emoji]128570[/emoji] He walked around on his leash to pet stores and right into the vet for checkups. Last summer, he would wake me up at 6am and scratch at the door to go out. So I would put his leash on and he would take me right to the car. He would jump in, I would take off his leash and he would lay on my lap to feel the air and watch the animals walking by. We would just sit in the car for hours talking and listening to music. Hahaha. I would only take him on short rides in the neighbourhood because it wasn't safe for him. He loved it! Then we would go home, he would eat, drink, get brushes and go to sleep until lunchtime when we would do it again. Hehehe. I miss him so much already. It's unbelievable that my strong healthy boy got so sick so quickly. Poor baby. I hate to think how sick he was and thats what hurts.

Anyways thanks so much for your prayers. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
I am a Blackhawks fan (even tho they lost badly tonight). my cat also loved her leash and walks. she suffered terribly (I think, she was more than pretty out of it) before she died in her (my) sleep at just over 16 and even though I woulda, coulda, shoulda ended her suffering sooner I realize, and you should too (IMHO), that the end of life brings suffering except for a lucky few. I pray my cat knew I was lying next to her and I 'm sure Domi only had love for you.

Last edited:

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much Blackhawks fan. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
You are very right about the suffering before passing. It never occurred to me that way but it's true. I am sure that your cat knew that you were laying next to her just as I know that Domi was aware I loved him from the bottom of my heart. Laying next to him the night before he went to sleep, he wouldn't let me out of his site. Whenever I got up to get a drink, he would wake up and watch out the door from the bed until I would return. He didn't want me to leave his side. I know that your cat was more at peace knowing that you laying with her. I even told Domi that he could go to sleep if he wanted to and meet up with Zetsy in Heaven. Our cats were both very strong and loving and I will never forget that.
Thank you so much for your message to me. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ Domi [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I'm reading through all of your messages and am so thankful to have a place to come and share my pain and happiness. This site truly is wonderful and I thank you all.
I am still so sad to have no cats with me. It seems that an era has ended. I haven't lived alone, without my cats, for almost half my life. I still have Domis dishes on his mat with his food and water there too. I just can't move it. I will be getting my moms cats when she moves in shortly so maybe I will just leave out his dishes for them. I feel paralyzed and can't clean his litter box still. I guess I'm afraid to get rid of whatever reminds me of him.
How do I do this? It's so hard.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
You will when you're ready.  
  I lost my first kitty when she was  17-1/2 years old.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever been through.  I have other kitties now who I love dearly, but four years after Skittles' death I still call my cat Zoe by Skittles' name sometimes.  Some kitties are just the special ones who will never be gone from your heart.  

I'm glad you will have more kitties coming to live with you soon.   It won't be the same, but it will help.  

mycatwasthebest

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I'm reading through all of your messages and am so thankful to have a place to come and share my pain and happiness. This site truly is wonderful and I thank you all.
I am still so sad to have no cats with me. It seems that an era has ended. I haven't lived alone, without my cats, for almost half my life. I still have Domis dishes on his mat with his food and water there too. I just can't move it. I will be getting my moms cats when she moves in shortly so maybe I will just leave out his dishes for them. I feel paralyzed and can't clean his litter box still. I guess I'm afraid to get rid of whatever reminds me of him.
How do I do this? It's so hard.

no one says you have to get rid of anything. on the 30th my baby will have been gone 6 months and just yesterday I unpacked her water bowl and it is on my nightstand with junk in it. I took many pictures after she died (including of her). I haven't looked at them but I know they are there, along with everything else. maybe pictures of his belongings (yes, even his poo) would help you empty things out and clean up for your future houseguests. I have to imagine your mom's cats have their own stuff.