Doing the Tea thing

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love tea! Some of my favorites are lemon and any minty one! My MIL got us hooked on making iced tea from 1/2 green tea 1/2 raspberry or lemon teabags. Soooo good! Plus the raspberry kicks the bitterness green tea can have!

All in all, I love regular ol tea with milk and sugar! Yum!

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I LOVE tea!
At my tea addict worst I was at 15 cups a day, but now usually stay under 6. (Life should not be an eternal bathroom break!
) The two kinds I am hooked on are Sleepy Time Tea and the Snow Geisha from Teavana. The tea from Teavana comes loose so you need a tea ball, but the smell and favor are just incredible.

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Most of you dont know..in fact none of you know, I dont drink tea. YUCK!!!
something about it makes me wanna barff!
My old roomie made me drink tea once when I was really sick and she threatened that if I didnt drink it she was gonna call my mom
(my mom can be stern)
I drank it but not with a smile on my face.

Well I decided to give tea another chance.
I know i like apple cider so when I saw Celestial Seasoning Cinnamon Apple Spice tea I thought I would give it a whirl. Its not to bad!
I almost wanna like it! I added a little sugar and I can actual drink it!

Any tea drinkers out there? got any ideas of some tasty brands/flavors or ways to prepare it?
ohhh the celestial seasoning stuff is sooo good. we get it here in NZ and the lemon zinger one is by far the best. Add some honey if its not your thing. I was brought up on black tea, milk and two sugars.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite Green tea brand is Tazo...it's a bit expensive but
i really love it

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My doctor told me to get "sleep tea" So i went to the chemist after the appointment and the lady just looked at me and said... Look i really wouldnt reccomend it, it tastes horrible!
So instead she gave me some herbal tablets.

I do have green tea though with lots of different flavours and dont mix it with milk so its good!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Check out this website for Celestial Seasonings

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/index.html

I couldn't believe how many products they have. The site is actually very well set up, with lots of tips on making a great cup of tea, health benefits and even some recipes for cooking with tea!

One of my favourites by this company is Canadian Vanilla Maple. It only has a miniscule trace of caffeine, but can be mixed with milk. So it's good to drink in the evening without getting wired.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think tea is an acquired taste. It's usually familiarity that draws us to a certain type of tea (especially for those of us who drink tea straight). I like darjeeling because it reminds me of home for some reason. Kind of delicate, slightly sweet, comfortable smell, like snuggling up to a baby sister. Definately a feminine smell.

Green tea reminds me of summer and tatami mats. Oolong tea reminds me of chinese restaurant. Jasmine tea puts images of obnoxious flirty women in my mind. Roast barley tea reminds me of my mom's kitchen.

For novice tea drinker I recommend going to a tea room and taking a whiff of whatever tea leaves they have and try whatever smells good. Lots of interesting teas out there.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm a Southern Belle....I am a HUGE tea drinker....I don't drink soft drinks at all- so i only really drink tea, water, juice, and the occassional wine cooler. I like to put sugar and honey in my tea if it's hot tea. (I'll use one tea bag of whatever flavor i like and put the tea bag in the water then put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds.....then I stir the water until it's a nice shade and take a spoon and press it between the tea bag and the cup (to get the flavor out) After I do that, I add sugar and honey to mine
It's sooooooooo good! Sometimes I'll add lemon or an orange slice, sometimes a cinnamon stick or a peppermint stick, sometimes caramel syrup! Just depends
/ As far as Iced Tea goes- I ALWAYS use Luzianne Tea. Colin and I use two family size tea bags and put them in the tea maker....we then add the first batch of water and 2 cups of sugar. Once all the water is run through- we add more and run it through again to get all of the tea out- it's better that way...then we add ice and stir
( sometimes we make vietnamese iced tea- (20 allspice drops -in a little tea ball container- we just drop it in, and lots of cinnamon, 2 cups of sugar). You name it we make it! Also -the trick to Green tea is- add a little lemon, sugar, and honey to it- it won't taste like grass that way
I live in the South too, and I also drink tea all the time. Not hot though, I gotta have my coffee or no one will wanna be my friend that day. I do drink a lot of iced tea, I very seldom drink soft drinks of any kind.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i first started drinking green tea,I hated it but i kept
drinking it..now i'm addicted to it

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer coffee but I do occasionally have either Earl Grey or English Breakfast. The English Breakfast doesn't have any extra flavoring added but it is one of my favorite hot teas. For plain iced tea I use Luzianne. I really like Tazo Passion tea mixed half and half with lemonade in the summer for an iced drink.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love tea!!!

I drink green tea, white tea and yerba mate.

I do like oolong, jasmine, chinese black tea, and earl grey. I am quite fussy on tea flavours and so I don't really go for the fruity tasting stuff.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too love teas! However, I do drink them cold. In fact, I have to brew a gallon pitcher every day for my family. We also don't drink soft drinks, which I'm so glad of because the kids were so addicted to that stuff and its just soooo bad for them/us...now they are addicted to teas! Anyway, I love Lipton's Mixed Berries Green Tea..yep, that's one tea! hehe. Sometimes, depending on what's in the pantry, I'll mix different types or flavours...one of our favs is Peach with the Mixed Berries...yum! Naomi love the CranberryPomegranet with Mixed Berries...so many varieties to choose from. The hubby has to...and I mean HAS TO...have a hot cup of Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea every single night before bedtime. It just relaxes him and makes him feel good...drifts off to sleep in no time. The chammomile in the Sleepy Time also makes it a good choice for when your tummy isn't feeling very well...either that or just the Celestial Seasonings Quietly Chammomile...really helps to settle your tummy.

Hilda >^..^<

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried drinking peppermint because it's supposed to be good
for the tummy.well my tummy didn't like it so well.
I think i'll stick to my Green & White tea

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like teas. I like Green tea with lemon, black tea, and black tea with orange. Also like the raspberry teas. I just like the warmness and I actually like the flavor. Even of black tea

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE TEA!!!

My favorites are Republic of Tea's Red Chai Tea, Lipton's Green Tea with Honey, Celestial Seasonings Blueberry Tea, and RoT's Ginger Peach. YUM!!!

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I LOVE TEA!!!

My favorites are Republic of Tea's Red Chai Tea, Lipton's Green Tea with Honey, Celestial Seasonings Blueberry Tea, and RoT's Ginger Peach. YUM!!!
I like the Ginger Peach also...it's really good

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never was much of a coffee drinker and prefered tea over that. However, I drink a lot more tea and I prefer the loose leaf tea to the tea bags. Can make a bigger volume and it's fresher. I have the tea drinking from my mom's side (she's german) where both coffee and tea are very popular in Europe.
We have started drinking various loose leaf teas such as Rooibos, green tea, and herbal tea. Chamomile is very soothing, but it is also one of the few natural things that can help you stop throwing up. The rooibos and honey bush teas are widely known to help with anti-oxidants, inflammation, digestion, etc. The green and white (white esp) are well known for getting rid of free radicals and contain high levels of anti-oxidants. And a lot of them have a mild, calming, but flavorful taste. Tea shops can be expensive so once we have found a flavor we like, I research online to find cheaper prices.
T-SAC is a box of disposable tea bags imported from germany that no matter how fine the tea is, it will NOT fall through where with metal tea balls, it will. I love them! They have various size bags, so whether you make 1-2 cups, or a whole tea pot like we do each night, there are various sizes to choose from.
Some of my favorite teas are Georgia peach rooibos, green rooibos key largo, honeybush, and Sencha Kyoto Cherry Rose Festival Green Tea. All of these are loose leaf teas.

Here are just a few sites I've found to be pretty reasonable and reliable.

http://www.enjoyingtea.com/rooibos-tea.html

http://www.englishteastore.com/geperololete.html (This site has those T-sac tea bags)

http://www.specialteas.com/Rooibos/p.../category.html

Tea can be very good for you and I've started drinking it almost every night. I even look forward to guessing which one was made!
I use brown granulated sugar or honey. I wish I could do without anything, but I have to have it taste after something!