Does your cat love plastic bags?

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland has no interest in plastic bags, even when I accidentally leave one out. She LOVES paper bags and newspaper though. I swear, if she had a choice between sleeping on her bed or on a paper bag, she'd pick the bag.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bickford likes to lick them, and Fera will jump in and out of any box or bag I have handy. Chloe and Bob don't seem to care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've decided, I will replace plastic bags to box!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good decision!

As I look around my apartment I can spot six Box Forts that are permanent. One is a Giant Box Fort a washing machine came in I should post some pics of that! It's such a pain in the neck uploading to photobucket though

I also have Box Forts and Paper Bag Forts that are rotated.

knightsgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Atticus is rather partial to a plastic bag...

But then again a washing basket also suits...

And a helmet bag is always a winner!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

One is a Giant Box Fort a washing machine came in I should post some pics of that!
Holland the box fiend wants me to tell you that she's really jealous and wishes she could have a washing machine box fort too!!!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but she loves tissue paper. lol She is also a box fiend. She has to test each box we bring into the house. There is one box in our kitchen that she likes to sit in and we call her "homeless kitty" when she does, b/c she looks so pathetic. lol

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Holland the box fiend wants me to tell you that she's really jealous and wishes she could have a washing machine box fort too!!!!
OH OH OH!!! I am laughing so hard, thank you for those pictures!

I'm going to start a box fort thread, since we're sort of hijacking this one. I hope you have more to share, or feel free to move these to the new thread

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie likes plastic bags, but he is NOT allowed to have them - because he chews them. In fact, I have to hide all plastic of any kind and anything else I think he might be interested in chewing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

OH OH OH!!! I am laughing so hard, thank you for those pictures!

I'm going to start a box fort thread, since we're sort of hijacking this one. I hope you have more to share, or feel free to move these to the new thread
LOL! It made me laugh too!

I saw your thread, and you're right! Boxes are better than plastic bags! We should promote box!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Buffy loves bags too, and she actually likes to be carried around in them. It may not be safe, but we watch her and the bag carefully. She'll sit in there, and if you scritch her bum through the plastic, she goes nuts twisting and spinning, trying to grab at the little "bugs" that were tickling her back. Sometimes she stands up in there and holds onto the rim of the bag, just watching the world go by. Once, we brought a more paper-like bag (stronger than plastic, that's for sure), and we hung her up on a doorknob, and just stood around and watched, giggling, her head hanging out and watching us. And then she actually began to fall asleep, until Jake (the dog) sauntered by.

No matter what she's doing, 9 times out of 10, you can tempt her to dash into a bag held open on it's side on the floor. But for some reason, the crinkle bag was a massive reject here. Nobody liked it.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

Once, we brought a more paper-like bag (stronger than plastic, that's for sure), and we hung her up on a doorknob, and just stood around and watched, giggling, her head hanging out and watching us. And then she actually began to fall asleep, until Jake (the dog) sauntered by.
That must have been SOOOO cute!