Does your cat greet you?

raggedy ann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little raggie, Jake greets me all the time and I love it! I can see his little white body behind the porch door and it always makes me smile
my other cat Tigger never greets us, we have to go and find him, usually asleep on my sons bed

oreo304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Oreo, almost always greets me. I live in an apartment and as I reach the landing by the door, I can always the bell of her collar as she trots up to the door to meet me. When put the key in the lock, she meows a little bit. When I open the door and step inside, she takes a step back and meows. Her tail is up and she is so happy...It's so cute. And it makes me feel loved, LOL.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my boys know when I should get home so they'll both be sitting at the door, it's so sweet to come home to them looking up at me. If I'm out they come running as soon as I open up the door. Samwise wants love and Gandalf wants the food bowl refilled then love.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meish will run to the door when she hears the keys outside. She's adorable. She is used to me being home with her so when I'm gone longer then an hour she greets me and meows. Its like she is saying " where have you been? I thought you'd never return."

sharonkay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Baylee used to but that was before we got Max. She would run up to me, rub my legs, headbutt me and then follow me around.

Now when I get home she and Max just stare at me.

"oh, its you then."

Sorry, I know that must make you sad, but it is kinda cute. My friend Lexilou (doesn't post so much anymore) says that if you want a cat for companionship you should never get two because they wont need you anymore

Adelaide makes a mad dash for the door when she hears someone put a key in the lock. She comes for a knock too most of the time! She isn't terribly interested in going outside, just in seeing who has come to visit her. She really likes to sleep in a rag bucket that I have in our laundry room and on top of the cabinets so when I come home and put the key in I hear a really loud THUD and I know she is on her way

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eb definitely waits for us to come home. She always comes running when she hears the keys in the door. And as soon as we get in the door she start squaking to us about her day and everything she has been doing. Its too cute. Aren't kitties the greatest?!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hammie greets us every single day when we get home. We enter through the basement/garage, and as we head up the steps, we ALWAYS see that orange and white lil head with the big green eyes staring down at us through the Catdoor in the basement door!!!

After we get up into the house, THEN the other cats greet us. Zorro, Snickers & Dusty always rub legs & give kisses & purr us a big Hello.

But Hammie, he's our official Doorman. Uh, Doorcat.

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The boys yes, I get the big hello when I get home- although admittedly it's hello, great to see you, FEED us.... the girls, I'm lucky if they wake up!

lucifersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten greets me at the door too. He our only cat, so Luke does it because he gets bored while Im at work. No one to play with

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As soon as I get in Indie and Minx fly down the stairs to greet me, Indie will meow for a cuddle (especially when Alan comes home)and he likes to kiss.. And minx will wrap around my legs chattering away, then she'll go on her hind legs and paw you to be picked up, meanwhile the dog will wait patiently in the background, as if she knows she may tread on them, once the dogs had her kiss she'll go lay down, Indie will chill out and Minx will follow me and talk away, it's the best feeling in the world.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel is always at the door meowing when I get home. Once I'm inside he walks up to the couch and uses it for a scratching post. Then he goes into the kitchen and meows for a special treat, which is usually a little bit of canned chicken.

j. otte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I get so frustrated with people when they say that cats don't have personalities. Every cat I have ever owned has been so different.

For my current cats...

Boss: He sits at the top of the stairs and acts cool but he talks to me all the time... love how he looks me in the eyes.

Peka: She will meet us at the door... always. Also very vocal. My cat that passed, Simba, well, DH used to watch her go to the door about 5 minutes before I would arrive. It's like she KNEW I was coming... even if I was only running up to the store, she just KNEW. Peka has a special meow for my son (she loves my son)... it's completely different than what she says to me...

Nala: She only greets me upstairs... that is her castle - our bedroom.

I just read in a book recently that you should *NOT* encourage your cat to be vocal... well poo on that! I love them being vocal and talking to me...

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Juice greets me every time I come home!!! Then he starts chirping and begging for food. He thinks he should be fed like a billion times a day. However, the vet disagrees with him. "His belly is beginning to get saggy"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so fun to read all of these, it's one of my favorite times of day to come home and be greeted. He's so silly!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties are wusses! They all start to run when someones at the door...even me!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey greets me faster than my gigi( who is a dog) ..... Kandie could care less she heads to her food dish

nessa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Isis runs to the door when she hears me coming up the apt stairs, and waits with her front end stretched out like she scratching the floor, like she just happened to be clawing the carpet by the door when I came home
then she follows me around, mauwing till I sit down and give her a few good head butts

grapegal45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! All three were at the door tonight!
I greet them of course, too!
Marcellus lifts his head for his kiss. Wallace butts and rubs my face, practically knocking me over and Lewis likes a pet and a cuddle.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, he runs to the door when he hears it. He just started doing it the last two days though so I think he is lonely.