Does it have a breed or not??

baymaxpm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone! His name is Baymax. Yes, as in Baymax, your personal healthcare companion.. Hehe.. I got him for like 2-3 weeks ago.. He's been abadoned by his previous owner.
So i want to know wether does he have a breed or he's just like any other cat here in the Philippines we called Pusakal.. And if he is, what breed is it?
Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont get any immediate vibes of an recognized breed, although he is lovely white.   Now, I dont know much about the Pusakal, either.   If he resembles the Pusakal, count on he is of this local breed him too.

(He seems to have some sort of infection on his face and eye. What is it?  Had you been to a vet with him, or do you treat in in some way?EDIT  OK, I understand you ARE already dealing with this.  Good luck!     )

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

baymaxpm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
StefanZ StefanZ
Thanks.. Pusakals are domestic cats here in the Philippines. I'll attach a pic of it. But sadly about his eye.. I haven't gone to a vet with him.. Bcoz vets here in the Philippines are expensive and im still a student and my parents dont support me in raising these cats.. But ill see what i can do.. Thanks anyway..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think he reminds of these other Pusakals.  The unusual with him is he is completely white.  Not that common.  But after all, the british had 50+ years ago the breed / type  Foreign white.  Which didnt differed very much from a white Pusakal -

Later on such cats become known as Oriental in Europe.   Although todays modern Orientals tend to be quite more extreme, with big ears, prolonged muzzles, very slender in body.  But the contemporary show-type Oriental is another story.

The diffirence between Pusakals and old type oriental isnt very big.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How about my cat? Does this have a breed or it's just like other common cats?
He hasnt the most common looks!

So before I begin to think: Where are you living? Because chance is big he is an alike to the other cats living where you live. As in the thread above, the cats being typical Philippinian cats.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he reminds of these other Pusakals. The unusual with him is he is completely white. Not that common. But after all, the british had 50+ years ago the breed / type Foreign white. Which didnt differed very much from a white Pusakal -

Later on such cats become known as Oriental in Europe. Although todays modern Orientals tend to be quite more extreme, with big ears, prolonged muzzles, very slender in body. But the contemporary show-type Oriental is another story.

The diffirence between Pusakals and old type oriental isnt very big.
I agree, I have 2 Oriental Shorthairs, I like the more traditional/natural look -big eared slender cats, but not very extreme compared to the modern show oriental in the US or UK. :) I would like a Foreign White some day too :)

EDIT: Just realised I replied on a bumped thread to a post that was made 3 years ago :/