Does having kids change how you feel towards your pets?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Am i the only one that finds it sad that people think animals are less than humans? That they wouldnt bother trying to save their animals?

I was just thinking about this the other day, about what i would do if there was a fire. Dont get me wrong, i would warn all the people in the house first. But at the same time, im going to run and grab my cat.

How anyone can run outside and stand there while their pet goes up on flames. i just dont understand that. When you adopt a pet, you are taking responsibility for their lives.

I have seen news reports of cats and dog risking their lives for humans. i find it so sad we think ourselves so high above animals that we cannot do the same.

Just my opinion.
I haven't read this entire thread, but I totally agree with you. Who is to say that we are so superior to animals that we don't even think about them in times of emergency.  I would probably be the person who tries to run back into the building to get my cats (with my husband right by my side).  I'm also the kind of person who can't even swat a fly because who am I to take away it's life just because it's in my way or bothering me. I don't think having kids would change my point of view.

maiaelizabeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Am i the only one that finds it sad that people think animals are less than humans? That they wouldnt bother trying to save their animals?

I was just thinking about this the other day, about what i would do if there was a fire. Dont get me wrong, i would warn all the people in the house first. But at the same time, im going to run and grab my cat.

How anyone can run outside and stand there while their pet goes up on flames. i just dont understand that. When you adopt a pet, you are taking responsibility for their lives.

I have seen news reports of cats and dog risking their lives for humans. i find it so sad we think ourselves so high above animals that we cannot do the same.

Just my opinion.
On saturday when i woke up something smelled funny. We called the super of the building and i dont know what happened in the basement, something with the heater. I was already thinking how was i going to get Maia and Foley into their carrier because when they see it they run under the bed. In my mind i thought we were going to be evacuated. It already happened once when Maia was a kitten and I put her under my hoodie but then we didnt have Foley. then my mom asked me that one time what was the first thing i grabbed because the building could have caught on fire and i said Maia. she laughed. she said oh so your passport and green card are not important if get burned....

But no. I did not get anything out. Just Maia. No fire though. Just  a scare. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

On saturday when i woke up something smelled funny. We called the super of the building and i dont know what happened in the basement, something with the heater. I was already thinking how was i going to get Maia and Foley into their carrier because when they see it they run under the bed. In my mind i thought we were going to be evacuated. It already happened once when Maia was a kitten and I put her under my hoodie but then we didnt have Foley. then my mom asked me that one time what was the first thing i grabbed because the building could have caught on fire and i said Maia. she laughed. she said oh so your passport and green card are not important if get burned....

But no. I did not get anything out. Just Maia. No fire though. Just  a scare. 
A passport and green card can be replaced.

T.