Do your kitties actually like being kissed?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit: Yes. He loves them. He will flash a kitty smile and purr when you kiss him.

Dr. D Claw: Can't get enough of them. He will come running when you make kissing noises.

Scractch Fury Destroyer of Worlds: Not really. He'll put up with them, but only if you are going to feed him once it's all done.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo and Lola don't really seem to have an opinion one way or another. Kisses are just another form of attention from Meomy. Maggie loves kisses.....She'll mash her face into mine when I kiss her and then rub her drooly little mouth all over me! She's very affectionate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

JinJin doesn't allow it. It unnerves her to have her face too close to mine. I've never gotten to kiss her, or hold her.
Don't give up hope on JinJin. It took Ophelia about 6 years to feel comfortable with more than one hand on her, and anyone's face close to her. Now she loves snuggling right up on Daddy.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Skye will let me hold her and kiss her and lately when she is purring she'll nuzzle right up and lick or even nibble my lips in return. She won't do it to my bf tho she won't even let him hold her like I do.

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine tolerates it. Once in a while she will head butt me but most of the time she just deal with it.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Peedoodle loves his kisses - he loves to be kissed on the head between the ears and he will push his head up towards my mouth when I am kissing him.

If I say to him "gimme a kissy kiss" he will put his mouth on my lips. It is the cutest!

Kahu will tolerate kisses, even tolerate them on his tummy when he is licking himself. I love to kiss it - it is so soft!

sunfairie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Do your kitties like, tolerate, or hate kisses? Or do you think I'm really a freak for kissing my kitties on the head?

Pumpkin
loves
love and loves kisses..she hands them out as much as we give to her...
No you are not a freak! If you are then I am too!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nah... you aren't weird!

Kanoe comes and wakes us up in the morning by licking us very softly, and then we play "Super Boo" by lifting her up and lowering her down for kisses. And yes, she always lowers her head for them. Sometimes I'll pick her up and then she'll present her little head for kisses too. It's so sweet!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger will pounce up into my lap while I'm on the laptop, curl up and paw my chest until I kiss him! It's like clockwork, every night that I'm on the laptop.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the different stories of kitty kisses!
Maia usually loves kitty kisses, on her fore head, over and over. Yet sometimes she gives me this look as if she was saying "oh the suffering", like I torment her with kisses! Maybe sometimes I do

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bijou loves being kissed. He really likes me to kiss him under his chin and on this throat. He'll lift his head way up so I can get right in there and purr like crazy.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Topaz - I tried once. She does not tolerate me picking her up even for petting.

Aristotle - I will hold him and give him kisses (sometimes kissy-wissy kind) but if he is not willing, forget it. But there are times he is very affectionate and will head but and let me kiss him. Then there are the times he will come and "kiss" you on the cheek!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Garfield loves kisses!
Festus absolutely HATES kisses.
When she gets in the way we just give heer one BIG smooch
and off she goes.
Jasmin doesn't even like to be pet. Will and Josie LOVE to be kissed.