Do your fingers ever go numb?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

You may be doing that. Do you sleep on your right side or put your arm under your head? DH did that and had to break that habit when he had tendinitis.

I hope you can try bracing and if you can take them NSAIDs to get this to stop. And you won't need any more serious treatment for it, I'm sure you've had enough of doctors lately!
I do sleep on on my side and often wake up because of a dead arm/hand. I don't think I need to take NSAIDs - it doesn't stop me doing anything or cause problems, it was just weird to be typing, and not being able to feel the keys with those few fingers
And yes - no more doctors

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is very interesing. A numbness has developed in the ring and pinkie fingers on my left hand. I will look up Ulnar nerve.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a similar thing - but it came with intense pain. Mine started in the forefinger of my left and, and would spread through my whole hand - with numbness, yes, but also with intense pain - kind of feeling like my hand was on fire and burning nails were being hammered into my fingertips.

I don't know if what you have is something that could be corrected by posture or physical therapy, but after four years of searching, the solution that worked for me was lots of extra B vitamins. Apparently mine was peripheral neuropathy. If I even miss a day of taking my vitamins, the symptoms (although much less severe) immediately come back.

Good luck finding out the cause!

Laurie

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Mine do that too, and always have. As a kid I couldn't hold my hand up in class, more recently reaching over my head caused me to faint. Are your hands extremely weak when you first wake up, too?
My hands are always weak. I have a weaker grip than my wife (actually tested prior to employment). When I had carpal tunnel, my doctor started doing some reflex tests, etc., and going "Hmmmmmm...." every so often.

Turns out that apparently when I was very sick with measles at about 18 months of age, the coma I was in for about a week actually damaged my brain. In other words, I had a little stroke.

Strange to find out when you're 50!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have that all the time but i have carpal tunnel syndrome, they diagnosed me with it when they were making me a guinea pig trying diagnose me with fybromyalgia