Do your cat names have themes?

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Specter is either a ghost or a bad omen, so I would probably stick in that realm with other animals down the line; shenigami would be cool. lucifer, demon, wicked, etc

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this constitutes a theme or not, but our cats are named for their behaviors before we brought them inside.
Burdock, the oldest, is a clinger
Prancer would, well, prance as she approached the house to feed
Digger would stop and scratch herself several times
Stretch would stop and stretch out full length
Bashful was, and is, bashful. She was the last of her littermates- Digger and Stretch- to allow us to touch or pet her
Miss Eleanor wasn't named by us. Our late neighbor did that, and so we kept it in remembrance of her

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A bit of a theme....

Mine are:

Anubis (Egyptian Lord of the Dead)

And one of the girls was going to be Ahmanet (from The Mummy). But I scrapped that one.

So now I have two names from Warhammer and Warmachine tabletop gaming (to add, I don't game myself but I knew someone who did. Presumably he still does).

Feora - Warmachine - she is the Protector of the Flame, Protectorate of Menoth and a warcaster
(Anubis was nearly called Menoth)

Aeldari - Warhammer 40k - The Aeldari or Eldar, are an ancient race of elf-like humanoids.

Bit different!!

:purr:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I didn’t have theme names until I got sisters Lily and Iris almost 16 years ago. I decided to go with flower names because iris is my favorite flower and I had decided many years before that if I ever got a tabby, I would name her Tiger Lily.

When I adopted Mocha two years ago, the shelter had named her Martha. She didn’t look like a Martha so I was going to give her a flower name as well. But after trying out various flowers on her over a three-week period, nothing fit. It was driving me crazy. Then my husband said, “How about Mocha?” and it fit her so well that I gave up on a flower name and she became Mocha.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
My CiCi cat who just recently passed, was named after a family friend (Carlos Casado) who passed away shortly before we got her. That's where the double c's came from. But because her fur color reminded me of cookie dough ice cream, her full name was Cookie Cat.

Ironically we also had a 'named' cat who went by a nick name. He was a runt, tiny little thing. Sick, he had blood cancer. But he was the KING of our house, so his name was K.C (King Cat.) He passed away when I was a kid, but I always think of him and people always loved his name =D

My two surviving cats at the moment are Sammy and Isabel.

Sammy has no real theme to his name. The truth is, because we spay and neuter, we never had to deal with a pregnant cat before -- so when his mother (a stray we took care of who was pregnant) came into our lives, we had NO idea how to tell if her kitten was a boy or girl. We just called him Sammy because we figured it was fitting -- he kind of looked like my moms cat Samantha who we ALL loved and who protected me as a baby, so it felt like a nice way to honor her. Turned out Sammy's a dude =D And the name just fit him, so we never changed it.

Isabel, Isabel... Isabel. Oh man. So, when we got her? She had this thing where she'd WHIRL in a circle super fast, tear her entire cage up (she had a really large cage to sleep in at night/when we weren't home) and when we were home/awake, she'd spin super fast, trip over her own paws... was the weirdest thing, but we started saying she was like a little hurricane -- because her fur is a very misty dark, but not too dark, gray and pretty long. So since the only hurricane I knew of at the time was Hurricane Isabel, we named her Isabel =D

Sorry for the book. :3

CatsSoul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Themed name is totally fine as long as your cat accepts it.
When we brought Ronnie home we started brainstorming the names.
My husband wasn't too active so I had to act proactively.
I had two options.
First one is obviously Ronnie and the second one was Korwin after the character from The Chronicles of Amber.
Then I ran a simple A/B test - tried different names and looked how he reacted.
So my cat picked not a themed name but I still love him :lovecat3::lovecat3::lovecat3: