Do you swear?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that, although I'm not much of a swearer myself, I do appreciate the "colorful tapestry of displeasure" (great phrase!) some people can weave. My best friend (who is also my ex) and my brother are both very creative cussers, and I bow to them as true artists of the outrageous.

Anybody else remember George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say On Television?" My friend/ex has a poster that expands upon that list. It's a huge compilation that includes hundreds of double entendres and metaphors... appalling, but hilarious. And quite an achievement in research, considering that it was produced prior to the internet!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

Yes and no. I do drop the F Word occasionally but otherwise I just say subs, like "Shitaki Mushrooms"
OMG!!! I thought I was the only one that would say that.My nieces laughed at me the first time they heard me say that.

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definately come with a "rating M for mature language". I *can* tone it down in polite company, but if left to my own devices, I will use the S-word seven times in a sentance, in a variety of parts of speech. The S-word is my personal favourite; less shock value than the F-word, but versatle in its own right, and more fun to say.

You do have to be careful, though. We were coming back from a long road trip with a friend, and got stuck in a traffic jam. From the back of the car, my (formerly) angellic little 4-year-old daughter yelled "Get outta the way, ***holes!". o_O

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also swear alot. But it really depends on the company, as someone else said.
My 3 year old prety much knows them all, and I really have to say I'm not ashamed of that. She's gonna tell some bully off someday. And I've only heard her said one outloud, and I thought I would be mad about it, but I really am not. I think it's ok.
You just kinda have to learn where and when to use them. And when not too. Pretty simple.