Do you spoil your cat?

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG!! DEFINITELY!! And if you think I'm not telling the truth, ask my DH--he will go on FOREVER, about how I spoil those little kitties (my own, and the 35 or so, Feral Kitties I feed at the grainmill at the edge of our town!
)
........Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....I do so love my kitties!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pffftttt spoiled, thats an understatement!

A girl i work with has said to me on several occasions that Rosie and Sophie are better fed and more cared for than her own children!.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
spoiled huh?
Teufel has currently a piggy bank that is saving up for a big cat tree, when i mean large ITS LARGE!! momma is going to buy it just before she moves

oh yes, teuf and i will be sharing our birthdays so he will get loadsssssss of stuff!

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
$900 in cat hutches and scratching posts. $500 in cat beds. At least $300 in various cat toys. $150 in water fountains, trying to find one that will last longer than three weeks. A weekly PetsMart bill that ranges from $50 to $150. Annual vet bills from $500 to $1,000. Life with four wonderful cats: Priceless!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should ask. I bought Oscar a $35 toy and doesn't even play with it! But his meowmy keeps buying toys......I'm so silly!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are totally spoiled! Cat trees, a special cat quarantine room, cardboard boxes in every room, holes cut in the bottom of entry doors into certain rooms so they can access if the door's shut...

also whenever I bake chicken & fish I ALWAYS make an extra (unseasoned) piece for the kits. I let it cool & chop it up and watch the feeding frenzy.

My cats have free run of my house, too.. .Snickers has a special pasta bowl on the countertop that stays empty, just for him... K.C. has made a bed into one of my pillows on my bed... there's nowhere they aren't allowed to go or be.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spoil mine as much as they let me! Mirah is the most spoiled... she gets to sleep in our lap, she gnaws on us.... she's SO spoiled. Then Billy... he comes up all the time for lovins. Of course he always gets them. But, he is a trouble maker, too!
CJ and Annie don't let you spoil them much... they're one of those DON'T HOLD ME kinda cats... but I still do it, and spoil them when I can!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ilovecats

Um...depends what you called spoiled.

Ice cubes with water?
Asking what's wrong when they whine?
Getting something new for then everytime I pass a petstore?
Letting them sleep in my bed while I sleep on the couch?
Get them treats when they get a shot?
Giving them a massage during their bath, with warm water and catnip bubbles?

Nah, they're not spoiled at all.
plus
Not making them get up so you can make your bed

Feeding them first before people get to eat

knowing what there meow's mean

cleaning there room more then the rest of the house

Alway's buying them stuff they already have dozens of

Opening more then 1 kind of food, when they don't eat it, at the same time saying don't you like that one

Sitting wherever you can because there sretched out in your chair

All I can say it's a good thing they can't ask for stuff (really) because I can see mine in a BMW driving and

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaddyCat

$900 in cat hutches and scratching posts. $500 in cat beds. At least $300 in various cat toys. $150 in water fountains, trying to find one that will last longer than three weeks. A weekly PetsMart bill that ranges from $50 to $150. Annual vet bills from $500 to $1,000. Life with four wonderful cats: Priceless!
Pricless to say the least
with or without Mastercard

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not making them get up so you can make your bed
We "puff" up the sheets as they go on so Mika can play under them. It takes an hour to fix the bed, but it's better entertainment than TV!

Feeding them first before people get to eat
What? Doesn't everyone do that? I thought it was common courtesy to feed the SCREAMING before yourself

knowing what there meow's mean

Like, I wanted to see what you were doing in here, but now that you've started the shower let me the @%()*#@ out of the bathroom? That what you mean?

cleaning there room more then the rest of the house
Yes. But that's because they're more *sensitive* to the mess than I am

Alway's buying them stuff they already have dozens of
...and will stuff them under the couch, suffering the same fate as the other dozens...

Opening more then 1 kind of food, when they don't eat it, at the same time saying don't you like that one

At least I fixed that one... they get one kind, all the time... if they don't want it, they eat the usual dry! LOL... I say I'd do that with a human kid, but what do I know, I'm human-childless so far! At least I heat it up for 'em in the microwave anyway.

Sitting wherever you can because there sretched out in your chair

Hey, it's a sectional... one space is *almost* as good as the next anyway

All I can say it's a good thing they can't ask for stuff (really) because I can see mine in a BMW driving and

I don't think I could afford a posh apartment off of Broadway in NYC, they still think CATS is playing!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is what Cats are for - to spoil rotton and make as happy as possible! I sure try! MINE are my whole world!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our six cats and one dog allow me to have a sliver of the bed so I can sleep.
The cats also own the kitchen table, they are fed and watered on it (hey, it keeps the dog out of their food).
If the cats are sitting on the couch, we sit on the floor.
We have one that prefers the kitchen faucet to drink from, we leave it dripping, if we forget, he tells us off.
Yeah, they're spoiled.