Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? 🎁

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When our families were younger, we all opened gifts together on Christmas morning. Now that our children are adults, I open gifts with my son and his gf on Christmas Eve and my sister does Christmas morning with her bunch.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever we get together I guess....Both myself and my husband come from divorced families so we usually have four Christmas celebrations. We have been, in recent years, trying to combine my family get togethers with the in-laws, because it's just too much to be galivanting all over the place. As for my husband and me, we open our gifts from each other Christmas morning...but sometimes we'll each pick one gift to give to the other Christmas Eve as we settle down from one of our outings.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When our son was small, we each opened one gift on Christmas Eve with the rest of them on Christmas morning.

When he was really small, he'd try to get us out of bed around 4 or 5 in the morning and we'd have to tell him to go back to bed until around 7. When he got older, we'd try to get him out of bed around 8 and he'd tell us to hold off until 10 or so.

Now we get up whenever the cats decide it's time for breakfast. I'll get up with the girls on Christmas morning and have breakfast ready for around 8:30 or so when Rick gets up.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, my family opened gifts on Christmas morning, while Michele's family opened theirs Christmas Eve, after church services. Now that it's just us, we don't bother with gifts, as there isn't all that much that we need any more. We just exchange cards.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both. We always gathered with my mom's side of the family Christmas Eve and opened a few extended family presents, but most were on Christmas morning. We're going to see my family on Christmas Eve following tradition, so it'll be the same for J.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Usually on Christmas morning, but if we see family on Christmas Eve we will exchange then.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My kids used to open something on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. Our old church did presents for the kids so those are usually what they opened after we got home on Christmas Eve. I’m not sure what we will do this year.

Growing up we had Christmas Eve at my Grandmas with my Dad so there would be presents there. Sometimes my cousin and I would stay the night before and Grandma would let us stay up till midnight and open one thing then. Christmas day was Santa and presents with my other grandparents until we moved away.