Do you need a siesta during the day?

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in sales so my schedule requires a lot of entertaining of clients and working from home. The kittens and I often do not go to bed till 1:30am read till 3:00am up at 9:00am then nap before the gym or dinner meeting from 5:30-6:30. It is funny because I will be working till around 5:30. Then I say "Kittens mommy's going upstairs" and they wake up to come upstairs and sleep with me. I love it, I feel so loved. I really wouldlike to get on a 12-8am sleep schedule because it would be better for my job and health so I am going to try and get some ambien to get myself in the new groove.

amanda8501

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im probably weird i can sleep 4 hours and feel the same as if i sleep 14 hours, which i have done on my days off before. I normally go to bed around 12 and either get up at 7:30 or 8:30 depending on whether i am going to work or school. If i am going to work and i am busy i might sleep alittle bit but normally i dont. But like tonight i work a night shift tomorrow, since im a waitress no set schedual other than school mon-wed, i'll probably go to sleep at 2 and wake up at noon. last semester of school i had a job at a hotel where i had to be there at 5:30 am so i would go to sleep at midnight wake up at 4 work from 5:30 to 11, go to class at noon-2 then sleep alittle go to school from 6-10 then start all over again 3 days of the week, the other days i worked at night. Which i realized made my body hate me. there was many days that i did not have a night class where i went to take a nap at 3 and woke up the next morning at 4.

OH and i have found eating something at the same time during the day expecially for breakfast tends to make me not as tired.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I find the need to have a cat nap (excuse the pun) about that time of day, too. Mine has mostly health reasons behind it, such as I'm anemic because of the huge hormonal insanities my possibly having endometriosis causes. Lol...that sounds so complicated!

Anyway, I try to fight it quite a bit (like today), but it's hard. I want so much to be able to get up and work my butt off here at home, but there are days that it's just hard to do.

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i go to bed about 11ish,fall asleep quickly,sleep for about 2 hrs then thats my lot i will sleep for an hour awake then sleep for an hour.like it all night,im even on tablets months supply,and i wake up.i stagger around like a drunk,and eventully get up around 8 ish.and i just dont wake up at all day,and i have a nap for an hour in the afternoon,
when i hear some one moan that they have ONLY had 6 hrs sleep i think lucky wotsits.some times i wake up with such a start i wonder where i am,even tried getting in the closet one day was so dazed

janey83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh no, i hate sleeping during the day, i always feel as though im missing out on things. i go to bed at about 11pm read then go to sleep at 12am-ish, then wake up at 9. But at times it can take me upto 2 hours to get to sleep.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy

Susie, It sounds like you need to be tested for sleep apnea. Not to tell you what to do or anything but it is something you might want to talk to your doctor about. I use to never be able to sleep for more than 45 mins or so without waking up and was tired all of the time. It was because I would stop breathing and would wake up to start again because of constrictions of my airway. Please think about having a sleep test done.
I stop breathing when I'm sleeping but most of the time I don't wake up (or realize I wake up) to start breathing again. BF says he's always "just about" to shake me to see if I'm alive when I'll start breathing again! Never been to the doctor about it though as I don't have any insurance! Daddy and Kitters take naps together on a nearly daily basis. I'd like a nap about 2 outta 7 days, but I am really tired in the morning for a good hour or so!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love taking daytime naps. Sometimes when we have a long holdover waiting for passengers, I'll recline the seat and sleep in the airplane for a couple of hours!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would kill to just sleep through for 24 hours or more on monday

since wednesday evening ive not had more than 4 hours sleep each night.