TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other. I live in a 5 bedroom double wide trailer....we bought it new

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A house ... recently got the patio side fixed up so that I can let the cats out in safety. Now that the season has changed, the end with the sun goes to shade by 2:00. But at least they can have a bit of nature without worry.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apartment but we are starting to look at houses in the next year because we have one more year left on our lease and then Oscar can have a brother or sister

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a 2 bedroom apartment with a fellow nursing student. At the end of the school year me and Patrick will finally be moving in together, but will probably still be in an apartment. We are staying here in our college town for a year or so after I graduate, b/c we will be able to save more money (price of living is way cheaper) then we will move to our hopefully permanent city where we grew up. Once there we will start looking for a house when we have the money!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live an apartment in a two family house. My religious community owns the house which is how I get away with having four kitties. I love it most of the time, because we have the freedom to decorate however we want, but we're also responsible for the yardwork.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We live in a three-bedroom duplex (aka semi-detached) It's a good size and has garden front and back. We rent, because there's no way we could afford to buy where we want to live.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We own our trailer...well almost. Technically it still belongs to the bank! If you've ever seen the pic of my study, you can see that we have clearly outgrown it, but it's ours nevertheless! I would be completely unhappy in an apartment, so this is fine for now. We hope to be in a house before too long. 2 1/2 years max!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I lived in an apartment now. Owning a home when you don't have any money to make repairs is a pain. We need new carpet but since I am the only one working, this is not feasible.

btw.. What is frosting that I see in some siggies?

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me and manytoes live in a medium sized 1 bedroom apartment...I live on the "12th" (13th!!) floor, so i have a great view of downtown Edmonton....

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just purchased our first home in September!
After years of living in an apartment, I can tell you apartment living sucks! It's noisy, you have to rely on someone else to fix stuff (on their own timetable, and usually shoddily), you have almost zero freedom to decorate, and of course, no equity for your rent money. We're working to fix our bathroom and even though it's a pain in the butt, it's costing more than we expected, and it's taking forever - it's ours!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own my house. When I feel too old to handle a house I'll think about a condo with no yard. But then I'd have to find a place where I can have all the kitties.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Moz,
That's an adorable "snout" pic. Back when I was taking tons of pics, I got a lot of those of one particular little tabby. Whatcha doin? Whatcha doin? Me? You want me? I'm right here. See?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The big thing in Perth at the moment is two houses on one block - one behind the other. Because there's so much SPACE in this city, subdividing became the new craze about 20 years ago and there's not many free-standing houses left anymore without another one out the back.

We live in a HUGE house on the front of our block, and our landlord lives in the house behind us. It's ok because he's really nice, but kinda weird, too. And because he told us after we moved in that we could have the dogs, and not the cats, we are leaving again at the end of our lease.

There aren't many places anymore that allow pets - and when I was first renting after I left Mum and Dad's it wasn't really a drama - dogs, cats, whatever.

We'd really love to buy so we wouldn't have this problem anymore, but Perth is going through this crazy housing boom at the moment - the price of houses has gone up like you would not believe and most people just can't afford to buy anymore. We are now only 6% behind Sydney for housing prices, which is really outrageous if you live in Australia and understand the difference between the cities.

Our housing prices have increased by 36.6% in 17 months - the average home now costs $800,000 and this boom has created what economists call an affordability crisis, because first home-owners have little to no chance of being able to get into the market. People are overcommitting and borrowing in some cases 110% of the purchase price just to be able to buy a home. It's so bad that it's actually making the news almost every day!

To buy a two bedroom house in a reasonably local area now will set you back well in excess of half a million dollars, and most people just can't afford that kind of thing. So we're stuck with renting (where, again, the prices are skyrocketing) because there's nothing else we can do