Do you like Martha Stewart?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, from what I know about her, I love her. The woman's a survivor, that's for sure.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Actually, from what I know about her, I love her. The woman's a survivor, that's for sure.
I agree, I do love watching her shows, she does have some great ideas!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to hate the whole idea of "Martha Stewart" as a brand. It was because I thought she set such high, impossible to attain, standards for doing stuff in your home. Not good enough to have a dinner party, you had to grow your own flowers, have them bloom at exactly the right time to create your own awesome flower arrangements that were coordinated with the table settings, which all had to complement the food. I mean, the woman showed up on Oprah with a demonstration of making marshmallows! Who does that?

But I have been watching some of her show, and I think that her craft and cooking demonstrations are adorably lame. The stuff just doesn't look all that great, it really is stuff I could do. Although I don't want to. Yesterday she was showing Kathie Lee Gifford how to make beeswax candles. That's a craft that kids do in preschool. I was kind of fascinated, because they look like they were made by a 4 year old, no matter what you do with them. But she also explained the whole process as if nobody had ever heard of them before.

Now I am fascinated, my whole preconceived notion of her is busted, and I just think she is a smart women who made herself rich and famous by showing people how to do stuff that we all know how to do already.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe that she is talented....and I`m not sure that I think she deserved going to jail....but I don`t really care for her personality....she sort of drives me crazy. I mean, I would`nt mistreat her if I were ever to meet her...but I surley would`nt seek her out to become friends with her either.
Linda

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been a subscriber to her magazine since its inception. I liked her pre-prison shows better as she actually made more stuff on the shows than she does now. Some of her celebrity guest are really clueless about real life cooking and crafts. I was at kmart yesterday and bought some christmas garlands, ribbon and other ornaments that were martha stewart stuff. I am also making the wine crackers she had on her show last week. Her website is really good. Alot of good recipes and craft ideas stuff.
So yeah I guess I like that part of her-but I've read that she does have pretty high standards and I think there are people that can't deal with that.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a little too organized for my taste, but has some wonderful ideas. I have heard reports that she isn't very nice to her staff (heresay). What I really don't like is this icon though.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all those confused about who Martha is, she is an American "creative homemaker" Icon. Kinda of a good middle class polish girl makes good, gets scholarship, becomes a model and a stockbroker and then becomes CEO and President of a multi-million dollar company, goes to a debutante Jail, gets out, gets more TV time than she did before Kind of story.
You know, a typical life.

I tend to be in the camp who finds her a bit tiresome and her voice kind of irritates me.

But I hear she knows how to make a mean pheasant pecan stuffing with only just sawdust and a hot glue gun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

But I hear she knows how to make a mean pheasant pecan stuffing with only just sawdust and a hot glue gun.
ROFL!!

GailC - I think I'm gonna try making those crackers, too!! I got a new food processor this past weekend and can't wait to use it to make those. The cheddar-cornmeal ones sound especially good to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Charcoal

I don't know why but she grates my nerves.
I understand. There are definitely people who grate on my nerves, too....the first one that comes to mind off the top of my head is Tony Danza. Oh my gosh, I cannot STAND him on his new daily show! LoL!

kathylou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hear she's got some neat ideas on how to decorate a prison cell for Christmas using nothing but some toilet paper and a bar of soap.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like her country style, being a country girl at heart myself. I wish I had the time to make some of her stuff, it's so pretty!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks familiar, and know she is kind of home decor from a few websites.

I think i will just stick to my German tv!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! I did`nt get the recipe for the Pheasant Pecan Stuffing! And I already have sawdust and a gluegun....so i could make that for supper tomorrow night if you`d only post and tellme how!
he he he, ha ha ha, ho ho ho!!!!! That was just too funny!
Linda