Do You Like British Comedies?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

They seem to have an amazing sense of humour, don't they? I haven't heard anyone mention Mr Bean yet. It's pretty funny too, although I don't think it's nearly as funny as some of the others.
My favorite Mr. Bean episode is when he sends himself Christmas cards. At first I wasn't sure if I liked him or not but he has grown on me. Hubby likes Fawlty Towers, a John Cleese fan. But my all time favorite has to be Keeping Up Appearances, especially when Elizabeth's brother, Emmett, is in it. I'm so glad to have found fellow Brit comedy lovers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - isn't Emmett a hoot when he goes to hiding behind the curtains or ducking behind the hedge when Hyacinth is about? Emmett, I really think you should have me in your musical! Let me sing for you!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kiki_585

Red Dwarf is by far my fave brit comedy right now. I love the whole cast and they keep me laughing the whole time. My friend has all seasons on DVD and whenever we get upset for some reason he always throws an episode in and we are happy again. I will always find something during my day that reminds me of the show and I end up quoting it a lot.
It's funny, someone gave me the Red Dwarf novels (Better Than Life, and Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers) years ago and for quite a while I didn't realize it was based of a radio/tv series! The books were so good and funny I never suspected... I guess they're that good because they're written by the series' creators. It's funny, I actually prefer the books to the tv show because I did NOT picture the characters the way they look on the tv!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Neely

But my all time favorite has to be Keeping Up Appearances, especially when Elizabeth's brother, Emmett, is in it. I'm so glad to have found fellow Brit comedy lovers!
Originally Posted by LokisMum

OMG - isn't Emmett a hoot when he goes to hiding behind the curtains or ducking behind the hedge when Hyacinth is about? Emmett, I really think you should have me in your musical! Let me sing for you!
"SHE'S SINGING AT ME!!!!"

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Brian is in the other room right now watching the first season of Extras on DVD. It's by the same guys that did the Office. Its really quite hilarious.

One of my favorite spoof films ever is Shaun of the Dead too. Great British dark comedy.
If you like Shaun of the Dead then you should definitely check out Spaced, and the new Simon Pegg and Nick Frost movie Hot Fuzz. You can check out the trailer for it here

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it strange that I'm british but my fav show is friends?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

Is it strange that I'm british but my fav show is friends?!
That's hilarious! But I like it too!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Oh gosh,I remember a lot of those I'd forgot about.

I think my all time faves were Rab c nesbitt...Don't know if you guys heard of him,
He was hilarious but you'd probly need subtitles to understand him
,he had a broad scots accent and the other I absolutely love to death is George and Mildred

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

Oh gosh,I remember a lot of those I'd forgot about.

I think my all time faves were Rab c nesbitt...Don't know if you guys heard of him,
He was hilarious but you'd probly need subtitles to understand him
,he had a broad scots accent and the other I absolutely love to death is George and Mildred
Oh I remember George and Mildred - I just loved that show! I felt so sorry for George!