Do You Like Amusement Park Rides?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once a year all the showmen and their rides come to my area for a week and it's one of the biggest fairs in the UK.

Their here now and the fair opens up this afternoon.

They deal a lot with the company i work for because we do all the flashing coloured lights that are on the rides.

Because i know the majority of them i get on the rides for free!.

Anyone wanna come?!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachaelkn2009

I live not to far away from Santa Claus, Indiana. They have pretty neat amusement park there. It's called Holiday World. It's pretty cool.
Holiday World is awesome. They have 2 of the best wooden coasters there. The Raven and the Legend. Riding the Legend at night in total darkness was/is so cool!!

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

Interesting... I thought you'd be all for that kind of stuff Kelly!
Go figure! I love other thrill seeking activities--like parasailing, whitewater rafting, cliff diving, caving, etc (things you can actually get injured doing) but I don't ride rollercoasters. I think part of it is waiting in line and all of the anticipation while you're waiting. A ride controller and a machine having control over me isn't very appealing either. I don't even like riding in a car with someone else driving
I just have to be in the driver's seat!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Once a year all the showmen and their rides come to my area for a week and it's one of the biggest fairs in the UK.

Their here now and the fair opens up this afternoon.

They deal a lot with the company i work for because we do all the flashing coloured lights that are on the rides.

Because i know the majority of them i get on the rides for free!.

Anyone wanna come?!
I do Susan!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I love amusement park rides, especially roller coasters and flumes. Like lisalee, I'm most familiar with Great Adventure (NJ), Hershey Park, and Dorney Park (PA). We always rode the amusements in Wildwood, NJ, too. There's a terrific amusement park for small children called Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster County, PA, right near Reading.
I went to two great amusement parks in Missouri - Oceans of Fun and Worlds(?) of Fun - with my sister's kids a few years back.
When I was in elementary school way back when, my school used to rent an amusement park called Lenape Park in SE PA once a year, and we could all ride the amusements for free. I used to spend hours on the old wooden roller coaster there.
I've never really trusted the rides at fairs, though I still give into the urge to go on the amusements.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

well, i figure every other thread on this site at the current time is breast-themed... so...
You lost me here.... Since when is every thread on this site breast-themed? If that were true, you'd think there'd be a lot more guys in the membership.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

You lost me here.... Since when is every thread on this site breast-themed? If that were true, you'd think there'd be a lot more guys in the membership.......
I think a lot of guys seriously couldn't stand the sweetness here. A lot of the guys I see posting in my favorite softball forum would get kicked off of here in a second with the abusive crap they post. It's like a different world there.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think a lot of guys seriously couldn't stand the sweetness here. A lot of the guys I see posting in my favorite softball forum would get kicked off of here in a second with the abusive crap they post. It's like a different world there.
Yeah my boyfriend posts on the Off-Topic.net forum and some of those guys are just SO mean to each other! They also tend to have these completely vapid conversations that make you wonder if some of them have a single thought in their heads! There's a few guys there that are ok, but the majority make me cringe.

Back on topic though...I'm going to Disney's Epcot with Brendan, my brother, and sister-in-law in 2 weeks. Haven't been in a while and I LOVE it there!!! The food, music, and dancers are incredible and the ride Test Track is so much fun! Can't wait!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not even if all the threads were breast-themed?

I am sure most guys wouldn't be able to stand the level of sweetness here. I'm a girl, and it's tough on me at times.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Yeah my boyfriend posts on the Off-Topic.net forum and some of those guys are just SO mean to each other! They also tend to have these completely vapid conversations that make you wonder if some of them have a single thought in their heads! There's a few guys there that are ok, but the majority make me cringe.

Back on topic though...I'm going to Disney's Epcot with Brendan, my brother, and sister-in-law in 2 weeks. Haven't been in a while and I LOVE it there!!! The food, music, and dancers are incredible and the ride Test Track is so much fun! Can't wait!!
That's okay. I only hijacked my own thread.
Yes, there are some good guys on the forums I go to, but yeah, they are very mean and cruel to each other day in and day out and lots of fighting goes on. -lots of hate. -way too much diguised swearing and rude language. I just stick to the good threads as much as possible. It is vastly different there. A few days ago there was a post your pet thread started. It was 90% dogs, which is exactly what I expected.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Not even if all the threads were breast-themed?

I am sure most guys wouldn't be able to stand the level of sweetness here. I'm a girl, and it's tough on me at times.
-nope, they wouldn't. Some of them are nice, but the way others respond to women on that forum would get them kicked off here in a heartbeat. Some of the women have left there because of that.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pass by an amusment park usually at least twice a day - to and from work. Too bad I don't enjoy them!

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

oh i was just implying how the 'did you know....' thread and this one had turned into a breast-themed conversation... i didnt really mean all the threads... i was just being sarcastic!