Do You Like Amusement Park Rides?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have any nice, bit amusement parks close to where we live, but once a year we get the traveling park that has various rides, cheesey games and other stuff. What are the best amusement parks you've ever been to?

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am in the same boat as you, just some traveling thing that comes round once a year.. I would love to go to florida to Disney world if I could - I am sure Canada has a place called Wonderland too. I don't think I will be getting to any of those spots any time soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, it would be fun to go to a famous park in the U.S. I went to the West Edmonton Mall once and that was okay, but certainly not like anything in the U.S.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to really enjoy amusement parks, and went on all the rides, but I guess my bod is too old for that stuff now, 'cuz the last I did (which wasn't yesterday, either!) it mostly just made me sick and grumpy. I think I wish they didn't, because I still remember the fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I suppose King's Dominion is the most interesting amusement park I've visited. We also have Busch Gardens nearby, but I've never been there.
So, how would you vote Steph?

amirando

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd say I'm game to try almost any ride once, but I've come across a few that I didn't much care for. I've been to Six Flags in Atlanta and a place called The Great Escape in Lake George, NY. I've also heard really good things about Cedar Point, but haven't been there yet. There is a place here in Japan at the base of Mt. Fuji called Fujikyu Highland that we're hoping to get to this summer. It used to have the faster roller coaster in the world until that new one went up back in the states.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been to canada's wonderland and it was so much fun!

I went on ALL the roller coasters!

There was a ride called the "Drop Zone" basically you sit in a seat and it carries you up in the air slowly then you reach the top and DROP !

I tried to back out of going on that ride as we neared the front of the line because something happened with the ride, and they had to do a test run with no people on it ! I couldn't turn around and my friends dragged me on it!

I was scared, and I don't think I would do that one again lol!

I must admit I do like the rush though!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, since I am a member of ACE, American Coaster Enthusiasts, you can guess that I LOVE roller coasters. I am very lucky that I have so many amusement parks so close by. I can think of 8 parks near me, with one only a 30 minute drive away. If you love roller coasters, Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio, a 2 hour drive for me, has 15 of them. Their tallest coaster is over 400 feet tall and travels at a speed of more than 100 mph!! My favorite coasters are the wooden ones and Kings Island, in southern Ohio, has one of the longest wooden coasters in the world, called the Beast. They also have The Son Of Beast, which is the tallest wooden coaster at over 200 feet and...this woodie has and is the only wooden coaster in the world with a loop. Hershey Park in PA has Lightning Racer, which is one of my favorite wooden coasters. I love all roller coasters, even the kiddie ones. For me, when someone asks what is my favorite coaster? I tell them, the one I am riding at the moment. Oh, lets not forget Shivering Timbers in Michigan or the Raven and Legend in Indiana, The Comet at the Great Escape in New York, the Cyclone at Coney Island in New York. I can go on and on. However, my coaster riding days are not like they used to be. I am not as free to just go anywhere I want. Yes, Amber and Boris prevent me from traveling. But, I have so many coasters close by thankfully
Hmmm, maybe we should have a TCS day at an amusement park

I tried to back out of going on that ride as we neared the front of the line because something happened with the ride, and they had to do a test run with no people on it ! I couldn't turn around and my friends dragged me on it!
You had nothing to worry about
All the newer rides are all monitored by computers and other censors. One small glitch will shut the ride down and test runs must be performed before the computer can be reset. A glitch can me something as simple as a piece of debris or a bug blocking a photo censor along the track.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Their tallest coaster is over 400 feet tall and travels at a speed of more than 100 mph!!
Are you serious!! ?? That's insane! I think I would be too chicken to try that ride, maybe if I was feeling really adventurous!

I didn't know they were monitored by computers, that makes me feel a whole lot better. I wish I could have known that back then. I'm lucky I didn't have a heart attack!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am extremely afraid of heights and water (drowning) and usually avoid doing these things at all costs, but if I am in a fair/amusement park, I forget all my fear

every year they ahve this octoberfest in my county, and they have this big ride called the Terminator which has two rocket like areas of seating and it is so cool!!! you go upside down at about 200 feet above the crowd

The only ride I am not that enthusiastic to go on is something called the Zipper, basically it is a ride like the ferris wheel, except not only do you go around in a circle quicker, but if you grip onto the pole in front of you, the individual compartment spins and spins and spins!! It just makes me feel a bit woozy
Ive always wanted to try the batman and the superman at six flags.. ive only been there once but we only went on a few rides ( I was with relatives and not my mom because she doesnt like rides adn I ahd won a free ticket because I read more than everyone else in my grade
) I went on the ninja.. it is so horrible!! You cant even have fun going on it because your head bangs onto the sides of the seat involuntarily, it is very painful and not that fun

But besides those two I am a total ride freak

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love the ferris wheel...does that count?

i have never been on the big one's though...they scare me

i'm a wimp

love,

felicia

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, I'd love to join ACE. I LOVE amusement parks- the scarier the ride, the better! So far, I have yet to be overly scared! I had a season pass to Six Flags Over Georgia when I was in college and I go to Busch Gardens in Tampa every other year.
I am also addicted to my Roller Coaster Tycoon game. I come up with some crazy coasters that I only wish I could ride in real life!

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love Amusement Parks in general.... Six Flags Great Adventure is in South Jersey about 2 hours from where I used to live... It's like 3 hours from here but it's my fav place in the whole world... My favorite ride is the original Batman ride... When I was in High School, we would take a class trip there every year, sometimes twice a year and one time we went on that ride like 10 times in a row cuz the park was empty because it was raining so we just stayed on the ride... I loved it!... There's also Rye Playland which is fun too... I wanna go to Splish Splash this year!

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Never have been one to really enjoy rides and seeing the local news this morning makes me like them even less. Not to put a damper on this thread but a 4 year old died after riding on a local amusement park ride yesterday.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ok - I need another option "Yes, I like them, but I get sick to my stomach so I can't go on them."

We are about 40 minutes away from 6 flags New England.....

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh I love theme parks - but do draw the line at being scared out of my wits. I'm not into the real white knuckle rides but do enjoy things like Rock'n Roller Coaster at Disney World.