Do you know how old your cats are?

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only know Roxy's birth date exactly...it's the day before Halloween which is appropriate since she is solid black! She will be turning 3.
Sneakers I really don't know, she was a rescue but I got her from a friend who got her from her previous owner so I don't know her exact age but they said she was 11 when we got her so that makes her about 15 now.
The others were all feral kittens, the youngest were about 3 weeks old when I found them at the end of June 2008, and Church was about 5-6 weeks old and I found him in November 2007 so I know their approximate birthdays.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know exactly how old Chynna is. She adopted me May 5, 1993. I figured she was about 1 year old and born around May 1992. She will be 18 years next month.

I know exactly how old Abby is. Her birthday is June 19, 1998. My friend's daughter's former room-mate gave her to me so she knew the day that her cat had kittens.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Squirrel and Panther will turn 4 this month; I'm not sure of the exact day. Some of their vet records say the first of this month but that's because I said they were born in April when I took them in for their kitten shots. I think they were born toward the end of the month, from an early photo of Squirrel that I found.

I never had any idea about Chilsa since he was very much a grown cat when I got him.

Ginger is about 22 months and Dora is about 19 months; I have vet records with birthdates from the shelter, though I wouldn't know if those were estimates.

My family always celebrates birthdays on the weekend before or after anyway, so I pick a weekend that's within the reasonable range for pet birthdays too.

katrinea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I don't know exactly how old Chynna is. She adopted me May 5, 1993. I figured she was about 1 year old and born around May 1992. She will be 18 years next month.

I know exactly how old Abby is. Her birthday is June 19, 1998. My friend's daughter's former room-mate gave her to me so she knew the day that her cat had kittens.
Wow, Chynna is old. Happy Birthday next month!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know roughly when both of the cats were born.

Sneaky Pie came from my inlaws in Indiana (poor kitty had a 12 hour ride in the car to get here). She was born in April of 2001. So she'll be 9 sometime this month.

HollyHeart came from a friend who took in a "single mom". And it was either Oct or Nov that she was born. I think it was Oct b/c I remember reading her facebook post about the kittens, which started the whole conversation if we were ready or not to take on another cat (our 17 year old kitty had died in August). So she's either 6 or 7 months (and yes she got spayed a month ago
)

I'm still wondering when they grow out of the "everything is a toy" stage. Last night she was running around our bedroom with a package of kleenex in her mouth. This morning I found one of the wrist straps for the Wii in the den (and the Wii is in another room)

Cheryl

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We only know one of our kids' B-days with near-certainty, and that's Willow. I'm not 100% sure if she was born on May 18, but my sister is, and we got Willow from a BYB as a kitten, so I figure she must have heard the birthday and I didn't. In any case, we've always had May 18 as her birthday. The others were rounded off to when I figured they were born.

Jake (dog) - May 1, 1998 (he was actually born around the middle of May, but I was a kid when I subtracted 10 weeks from the day we got him and I messed up. My sister refused to let me change his birthday after we'd already celebrated his first year, lol)
Willow - May 18, 2001
Buffy - April 21, 2003 - she was 4 weeks old when we found her, so I subtracted 4 weeks from when we met her, on May 20 or 21 (I can't remember which, lol)
Molly - July 7, 2005 - she was around 5 months old when we found her, which brought me to July, and then I picked the 7th for a variety of (sentimental) reasons (that year, it was exactly 30 years since the racehorse, Ruffian, died; my dog came home from ACL surgery on that day and began a much better life, and it's exactly a month before my young niece's birthday)

I'm still in awe that my babies are getting so old. Not so much Molly (though it's hard to believe she's been here for 4 years already), but Jake is going to be 12, Willow will be 9, and Buffy will be 7. Feels like no time at all when Jake was 3 years old, and when Willow was a 2-3 year old raising Buffy from 4 weeks to 9 months.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I know the exact birthday of all of my cats:
Utu will be 3 years old next friday, he was born April 9th 2007,

Casper was born May 31th 2007,
Kuura was born July 5th 2007,
Tomu was born January 19th 2009
and last but not least Luna, she was born the 3rd of August 2009.

Funny thing is that Kuura is still growing, he has grown a bit in the last few months and he will be 3 soon. We have lots of 3rd birthdays this year.

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Billy was born (guessed) May 1st, 2004 - Five years old, almost six.
CJ was born (guessed) May 1st, 2004 as well. Five years old, almost six.
Annie was born on April 9th, 2005 - Five years old soon!!!
Pegleg was born (guessed) March 1st, 2008 - Two years old!

Zoey, my dog, was born (guessed) November 20th, 2007.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know my cats' ages. Nabu will be 13 yrs old on May 1st. I know his birthday because when I adopted him & his (now dearly departed) brother, it was through a work acquaintance and I got their records transferred over at the clinic. I have his records back to his very first vet visit.

Lola was about 5 months old when we trapped her. The vet was able to figure out her age. She was pretty stunted from malnourishment and was very small for her age. She just turned 2 years old in March.

Stimpy's birthday is June 1st, he'll be 10 yrs old this year. His age was guessed as about 1.75 years when we adopted him (by the vet). He was a stray at the shelter and we have no history beyond what the shelter & we have had done for him. He has extremely good teeth, so since that is what was used to judge his age it could be wrong. Who knows. So we go by that and he'll be 10 years old this year.

Normally I make more of a fuss about adoption anniversaries and birthdays, but this semester school has had me so busy I can barely remember what day it is.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We think Whisper and Bootser will be 16 this year, judging from what our vet has said about them. We guessed their birthday to be July 15th. They are litter-sisters.

We had the good fortune to witness Whisper giving birth to five little RugKittens 14 years ago on February 13. We had prepared a clothes basket with towels for Whisper and the babies were born during the night in our bedroom with my DH by Whisper's side and me in the hallway with Banshee and Hydrox. The two kittens that are left from her litter, BooBoo and Ms. Pepe, just turned 14. Their vet says they're in wonderful shape.

We guessed Banshee's birthday to be September 20th, judging from how old she was when we got her. I always stayed home that day and spent the entire day with her. I catered to her every need on that day. When I interviewed for the job I have now, I told the director right out that I would always need September 20th off work. He asked me why and was pretty taken aback when I told him that it was my Queen's birthday. But then he laughed and gave me the job anyway. She died last year in August and that September 20th found me in tears pretty much the whole day.

Not sure about Amber Louise, so we celebrate her Gotcha Day. She got us on November 1st, so that's the day for her.

Our little Mollipop, the littlest RugKitten, was born on February 8th and her Gotcha Day is March 25. We will celebrate both days for her. To celebrate her impending homecoming this year, I used Paint Shop Pro to make a "Special Delivery" card that we mailed out to our friends and relatives. It has her picture, her weight, date of birth, etc. It was really cute.

The RugCats also have their loyal slave (that's me, BTW) make their Christmas card every year, too. The card gets mailed out with our cards. I didn't do one last year, again because of the Queen's passing, but hope to start making one again this year.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the month of everyones bdays just not the exact days (except Hercules and Franklin)
Fatman will be 6 on Oct 30 thats BFs bday
GiGi will be 2 on Feb 14
Hercules will be 3 the day after Thanksgiving
Franklin will be 2 Dec 9th