Do you hoard your points?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, IE shows all the features I think, but not even for that would I switch. I'm an Opera girl all the way.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my glow is all straightened up, thanks to Wyan!
Now I have to start hoarding again, because I'm almost broke after buying my glow, a bunch of gifts and ribbons! I want to do my usertitle the same!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Yeah, IE shows all the features I think, but not even for that would I switch. I'm an Opera girl all the way.
Me, too, thanks to your recommendation.
I've been checking the PL out with IE, though, just to see the username changes.
I like giving people gifts, and obviously have no trouble accumulating points, and find that some people who don't post regularly, or are new here, have no idea what's going on, and may feel excluded. Some also feel obligated to reciprocate. Just a personal request: I don't expect anybody to reciprocate, and have run out of room to display gifts, anyway, so if I send you one, or donate points, please pass a gift or points on to new or occasional users, or buy yourself an awareness ribbon.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I've been checking the PL out with IE, though, just to see the username changes.
I like giving people gifts, and obviously have no trouble accumulating points, and find that some people who don't post regularly, or are new here, have no idea what's going on, and may feel excluded. Some also feel obligated to reciprocate. Just a personal request: I don't expect anybody to reciprocate, and have run out of room to display gifts, anyway, so if I send you one, or donate points, please pass a gift or points on to new or occasional users, or buy yourself an awareness ribbon.
I also don't want people buying me gifts just because I bought them one, I buy them one because I want to. I just like doing it, and some of the gifts that I buy are for those who don't have any.

Some are for reasons, others are not. It just depends on my mood at the time.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah, I do that too every few days, just to see what people are talking about. Glad you're liking Opera.

In other words -- "Pay It Forward"
Spread the fun.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like to keep mine for "special occasions", whether someone's had something exciting happen, or maybe a sad event, or if they're sick - things like that.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I like to keep mine for "special occasions", whether someone's had something exciting happen, or maybe a sad event, or if they're sick - things like that.
Yep, I do that too, I don't put all my points in the bank, I always have some out, sometimes it is not a lot though.