Do you get your kitty's picture taken with Santa?

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We don't do it every year but we took Safari to PetSmart this afternoon and got his picture taken. I love how it turned out! (This is a picture OF the Polaroid picture.)
Next Saturday I'm gonna be helping with the Santa pictures there from 1:30 to 4:00. That is gonna be SOOO much fun, I can't wait!!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wendy,

I've never known anyone who's taken their cat before
Safari must be really laid back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Wendy,

I've never known anyone who's taken their cat before
Safari must be really laid back!
We were absolutely amazed at how good he was and how CALM he was on Santa's lap! It was the CUTEST thing! We thought sure he'd be wriggling all over the place but he totally wasn't. It was SO much fun!

A lot of people take their dogs and cats to PetSmart for Santa pictures. I think PetCo might be doing it, too...at least some of them!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was calm? That's so good to know - I'm hoping to take Baylee tomorrow but I'm terrified. What if she takes off running or bites/scratches Santa? Eek!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cute!
It's wonderful that he was calm through that - now you have an adorable Christmas memento.

The Santa at our Petsmart even makes my dogs nervous - I can't imagine my cats holding still for that.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wenzee - LOVE THE PIC!

I live close to lexilou and helped her take her two kitties Sabrina and Samantha to Petsmart earlier. I was shocked at how good they were. I think Ebony would be very sad if we took her. I am not sure she'd be able to handle Petsmart. I am still thinking about taking her tomorrow -- but i think it would be torture for her and I am not sure I want to sucumb her to that.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wenzee and berylayn... did you notice any really BAD pets... like some cats that were scared/freaked out, etc?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WEll iw ould love to get my kitty done with santa but since the vet trip he wont even step out of the front door!!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Wenzee and berylayn... did you notice any really BAD pets... like some cats that were scared/freaked out, etc?
There were no other cats there...except the ones up for adoption.

Sabrina and Samatha were fearless. They were pretty calm the whole time -- even with some BIG dogs around.

lexilou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
beryl does not lie. it is true that she came with me to brave petsmart for santa pics with sabrina and samantha.

i will try to post the pic later. i may have to wait till i go to work to scan the pic if i can't just take a pic of it with the digital camera.

last week my hubby and i took them in the crate and put sabrina's harness on her so we could walk her. we got there too late! but we let sabrina walk around a little bit. she was a little scared last week, and we didn't even see any dogs!

beryl and i went today. both sabrina and sam got to go on their leashes and walk around. sam was so good letting santa
hold her! and i was in the pic holding sabrina (sometimes she gets a little squirmy - she doesn't like to be held, she wants to go exploring!)

after their pic with santa we walked them around (well, not so much sam, i think she was more comfy in the crate in the cart). sabrina wasn't even afraid of the big dogs! everyone kept looking at her and saying, "Look at that cat on the leash!"
she loves
attention, so of course she kept walking, and did NOT
want to be put away in the crate when it was time to go home. she wanted to keep showing off!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what happens if your cat doesn't know how to walk on a leash? Can I just carry Baylee in... I have a harness and leash for her because I wouldnt' want her to run off...

And you're in the pic with one of your girls? Because I'm thinking Baylee won't let Santa hold her if she doesn't even really let me hold her! I'm getting nervous now... but I'm so glad it worked out for you lexilou! Can't wait to see the picture!

lexilou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So what happens if your cat doesn't know how to walk on a leash? Can I just carry Baylee in... I have a harness and leash for her because I wouldnt' want her to run off...

And you're in the pic with one of your girls? Because I'm thinking Baylee won't let Santa hold her if she doesn't even really let me hold her! I'm getting nervous now... but I'm so glad it worked out for you lexilou! Can't wait to see the picture!
i put my kitties in a crate because i wasn't sure how they would react if they saw dogs. but i did let them walk around. last week i saw a girl bring her bunny rabbit in. no leash or crate. so you could probably just hold baylee. but with sabrina, i knew i would need the leash cuz sometimes she is very difficult to hold and i didn't want her to get away.

and we took a family pic with santa. me and my girls and santa. so you can definitely be in the pic with her.

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Well, during the time that we were there - there was a very well-behaved black doggie and there was one other kitty! He was a very beautiful long-haired orange tabby and he did REALLY well too!!
Oh - and a couple years ago we brought our other kitty, Petoskey, to have his picture taken with Santa and they let me sit next to Santa so I could hold Petoskey. Otherwise, he would've been outta there like a dart!!

We had a harness and leash on Safari during the picture (ya can't see them cuz we hid them). I carried him the whole time we were there but wanted the harness and leash on just in case he suddenly and unpredictably sprung out of my arms. Thankfully, he didn't even try. We did put him on the floor in the kitty toy aisle but he just sat there and wouldn't move....lol!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just found out that our local mall has Pet Night with Santa tomorrow from 7pm - 9pm!!! I am trying to decide if I should take Eb there instead.
Or at all. I think a picture with Santa would be really cute for the scrapbook I want to make
. But I don't want to make her upset.
decisions decisions...

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wenzee

We had a harness and leash on Safari during the picture (ya can't see them cuz we hid them). I carried him the whole time we were there but wanted the harness and leash on just in case he suddenly and unpredictably sprung out of my arms. Thankfully, he didn't even try. We did put him on the floor in the kitty toy aisle but he just sat there and wouldn't move....lol!
I know Baylee would try to dart off... she's done it a few times when I've been in a rush and I don't want that to happen again. But she's a little Houdini and slipped out of her harness once while in the bag...

Beryl let's traumatize our kitties together... just make sure to bring tons of treats!! They might hate us for a few days but we'll have a cute picture for a scrapbook...

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I know Baylee would try to dart off... she's done it a few times when I've been in a rush and I don't want that to happen again. But she's a little Houdini and slipped out of her harness once while in the bag...

Beryl let's traumatize our kitties together... just make sure to bring tons of treats!! They might hate us for a few days but we'll have a cute picture for a scrapbook...
Yes, I say go for it!! You too, beryl!! It's worth a try - just be really careful. Your kitties might surprise you by being really good like Safari surprised us!
And yes, the pictures are priceless! PetSmart gave us an adorable frame to put the picture in. It's on top of our TV already!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lexilou

sabrina wasn't even afraid of the big dogs! everyone kept looking at her and saying, "Look at that cat on the leash!"
she loves
attention, so of course she kept walking, and did NOT
want to be put away in the crate when it was time to go home. she wanted to keep showing off!
Sabrina is a Top Cat Model and a Princess! What did you expect?! Yeesh!