Do You Fully Make Your Bed Every Day?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope! My mom even made me a decorative comforter that matches my curtains and it hasn't once been spread out on the bed.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I always do too. I am also a bit of a neat freak. Things just would feel undone if not.
I also like to get into a smooth, neat bed at night.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did until my husband moved into our home shortly before our wedding. Like @Lari we have two blankets because he would take all the blankets in his sleep and put them on the other side of him. I would be freezing, and he would be using it for a leg prop. I still made the bed and just folded his blanket and put it at the foot of the bed. He hated it for some reason. He never could tell me exactly why other than it did not feel "homey." Now, I half make my side of the bed and his is a big ball of blanket.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have decorative pillows and each have our own duvet with a (envelope-like sheet) cover, so making the bed is just a matter of fluffing the pillows and straightening the duvets. We both do our own side every day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
At the very least, we will straighten the sheets and blankets out in the morning. But it's hard to completely make the bed when the cats are sacked out all over it. On Sundays, I wash the bed linens and then completely make the bed at that point.

I do like getting into a neat bed at the end of the day.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I managed to make the bed this morning while Ruby was having breakfast. She's back now, though.

Looking at the picture, I see one of the pillows isn't straight. Hmmm... let's just say I did that on purpose so the pillow behind the sham could be seen. ;)
IMG_8129.jpg

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't make it unless I've washed sheets or the cats messed them up. I sleep like a rock. I don't disturb the bedding at all. I think it's strange how I don't mess up the bed at all.

Also this is the exact kind of chore that I would not do even if the bedding was messy looking. If it's clean I don't care about appearance. I have enough duties that make me feel like Sisyphus. So I believe in minimizing things that aren't important.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I used to leave the bed messy then when got with Jon he religiously makes the bed every day..thenwe started sleeping in the livingroom and now we just fold up our blankets or make shelves out of the blankets for Honeybee to sleep on. When I used to sleep on a bed-there is a fitted sheet on the bed then I have a comforter for covering me. I never use flat sheets. I hate sheets touching my feet. Jon is a very restless sleeper so we no longer share a bed...unless I want to be woken up every 10 minutes.

I never bought fancy pillows/shams etc...I buy pillows that are plump enough to keep me sitting up in my sleep...Growing up i never made my bed..but my room was the last room on the 2nd floor so no one ever saw my bed back then...never really was a neat freak until I met Jon...he will leave the bed messy if royal Highness is sleeping ontop of the blankets. If she hogs the couch he will curl up at the other end..we never move her when she's sleeping...she runs the house.

As far as fancy shams-I hate rough textures or polyester type feeling bedclothes so I wouldn't be able to tolerate those fancy bed covers..the threading and texture would drive me nuts-I always drawn to soft smooth comforters and now quilts...I have a quilt falling apart but I don't care-we still use it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i make my bed when i change the sheets. otherwise, i fold back the blanket(s) when i get up in the morning, and they get pulled back over me when i go to bed at night. most nights, by the time i get ready for bed, i'm pooped, just really very tired. so i choose to have my bed ready for me to get under the blanket(s).

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried having a nice bed once or twice when Milly was a kitten. But the bed has always been a playing surface for her and it's right within her main Zoomie Pathway. Those times I have made the bed, and put our nice quilt on top covering everything, she's raced across it and torn up the quilt with her toenails.
:mad::angryfire:

Also, she loves blankies. So, what I do now on a daily basis is just to have the quilt as the "base" and scatter or fold or pile 5-6 of her blankies all over the top of it to protect it from toenails. It's not pretty. But she thinks it's functional.

We don't have decorative pillows on the bed, just sleeping pillows. Those usually become the sides of a blanket-draped, concave "Thunderdome" of a playpen area for Milly.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Absolutely. I'm rather anal about a messy bed.
I'm rather anal about everything.

:sigh:

Every day I strip the bed, vacuum the mattress and then remake it, with all the little pillows and the teddies put back in their correct spots.

Then the cats climb up there and spend the rest of the day sleeping or watching birds out the window.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hardly ever make it because my hubby gets up after me. He makes it. I think maybe I am getting the short end here - I have to take the dogs out in the morning since I am first up. This morning it was 17 degrees and snowing. Meanwhile he is snuggled under the electric blanket. I don't use decorative pillows - just more junk to move and try to find a spot to put them.