Do You Fully Make Your Bed Every Day?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Since getting the new mattress, the search for a new comforter/quilt/spread has begun. I go into stores and see all of the little mini made up beds like this:

704CD360-3B65-4EC6-82C2-51F28ADFA127.jpeg
3DF628BB-7323-42E3-ACD5-0CD39673E0E3.jpeg

I had all the fancy little extra pillows for my last set, but I rarely actually used them. They spent most of the time in the closet. They would really only make an appearance on holidays when people were coming over and they may go into my bedroom.

For those of you with all of the extra pillows, etc. How often do you actually make the bed and use them?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make my bed everyday, mainly because I hate getting into an unmade bed at night. All my pillows are in the closet, too. I've bought bedspreads in the past where you could only buy the spread and the pillows were separate. That's the way to go.

My DIL has so many large pillows in her guest room that only half of the bed is left. No place left to sleep!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Every day. I live a very sad life.
:lol:

I'm in a small house so it's pretty much make the beds or close the doors which makes things even less spacious. Plus I have a Grandmas Garden quilt and so that bed definitely gets made every day along with an extra pillow. Mostly to be doing SOMEthing with the pillow LOL.

My other issue is that I have a certain feline who needs his certain purple pillow :lol2: (it's a microbead pillow and it's too small for him, but he loves it. I've tried to find something larger but haven't had any luck although admittedly I'm not looking all that hard ) so I'm throwing pillows all around the room already anyway :rolleyes2:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think that covers it.

My fiancé and I use separate blankets because his friend told him that was a key to a happy relationship, so the bed would look a little funny made, anyway.
Your fiance is wise! My bf and I also have our own blankets. I refuse to share because it's just asking for trouble since I'm a sensitive sleeper and additionally we have different heat requirements. It just makes sense to have separate blankets!

I have made the bed maybe a few times in my life. Never saw the point and I'm lazy. I also just had one pillow always because extra ones would just fall on the floor. Although sometimes before I go to work I lay out my blanket so that it's not scrunched up so that the cats have space to lay on the blanket. :) I suppose that could count as making the bed haha.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
For most of my life, I would wake up, get up, and immediately make my bed. Then I got a cat ...
:winkcat:
Yep! :agree:

I blame Ozzy. He is always sleeping on the bed when I get up and I can't make it while His Highness is still napping, right? :D

I do pull the covers up once he gets up. I have a sheet that goes over the comforter and pillows to protect them from cat hair. I stopped using/buying the decorative pillows a long time ago.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I blame Ozzy. He is always sleeping on the bed when I get up and I can't make it while His Highness is still napping, right? :D
That's like Ruby. And you just can't disturb a sleeping cat. :catlove: And if you do, there's a good chance you'll need a bandaid before you finish making the bed, if the one with claws decides to "help". :catman:

When I do fully make the bed, including the comforter, I use 4 regular size pillows. The 2 in the pillow shams that came with the comforter set. And 2 others in plain white pillow cases that I put behind the ones in the pillow shams.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes. I have three decorative pillows on it. I re-did the master bedroom last November. We re-painted, and bought new carpet. For the first time in 14 years, the bedroom looks as if someone tried to decorate it. I bought a new bedspread and curtains. I always scrunch up a faux fur throw at the foot of the bed for the cats. Sara Jane used it the most, and she preferred a few bumps in the folds to rest her chin on. Even though she died on January 29th, I still find myself doing this every morning :bawling:. Then, I get sad, realising that she no longer needs it.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
73F4607F-6C78-4AFE-B685-F4D11C4E8AB1.jpeg
I do make mine as soon as I get up in the morning. Two reasons. First is that when I was working I never made my bed during the week and so making it each morning is a celebration of being retired. Second reason is that not making it sends Willow into a huge panic because it is a change in normal household routine and she will not sleep on an unmade bed. Last week when I left the bed unmade so I could wash blankets this is where she spent the day.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyday, yes, that is what I do. I have regular bed pillows and a set of pillows in the shams that match the quilt. There are three pillows that match the quilt. The set of pillows with the shams and the three matching pillows get thrown in the floor at night. In the mornings, I smooth the sheets. I can't stand to sleep on wrinkles. Then I pull up the top sheet and blanket and the quilt. Then on goes the bed pillows and the ones in shams. Then the three pillows. That's a lot, right. But I never don't make the bed.

Attachments