Do You Flush Public Toilets With Your Hand Or Foot?

How do you flush public toilets?

• With my hand

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • With my foot

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Both interchangeably

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Neither (???)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Waaayyy too many times I've seen women exit the bathroom without stopping to wash their hands. I don't consider myself super germ conscious; but in a public bathroom I am! Especially toting kids around. When I was a teenager working fast food the women's bathroom was always dirtier and smellier too. :barfgreen: So less contact; more washing for me!
I am medically not allowed to wash my hands more then strictly necessary and even then only with specific soaps. I can't even wash dishes or clean without some rubber gloves on. I keep some hand sanitizer in my purse and use it before leaving the stall. I am sure I get looks leaving the restroom but no amount of judgement is worth the pain and discomfort of washing my hands with soap and water.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never seen signs not to flush with your foot around here, but I have seen plenty of signs telling people to flush. I have also seen signs telling people not to stand on the toilet seat, and they are not made for that and break. Apparently people really do this, I've seen shoe prints on the seat before.

Don't you put the lid down on the toilet before flushing? The toilet lids in Japan are automatic too, they lift up when they sense someone enter the stall and close down when you get up again, then they flush.
I almost never see a public toilet with a lid, other then pit toilets, but those don't flush. The ones in Japan sound cool. The auto flush ones I've seen just sense when they think the person has left the toilet, which unfortunately sometimes is while you are still on the toilet :gaah: or sometimes will flush when you get up, and flush again when you leave when the door swings past it.

What if you guys stepped in some dog poo with your shoe? Then you are getting dog poo germs on the toilet flusher.
Honestly, around here there is commonly already wet stuff (unsure if pee, toilet water, condensation, or ?) and brown stuff (possibly mud, but could be poop) already on the flusher. I have to pick and choose what washrooms I use, and there are some I just plain refuse to use due to human pee and poo everywhere :barfgreen:. Most of the ones I go into now are auto flush, so just a button to push, which I do push with my finger if it doesn't flush on it's own.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flushing, whether with hand or foot, is always better than not flushing at all. I always flush with foot though. Any minimization of nasty things I have to touch in the bathroom is a good thing.