Do you eat leftovers?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it depends on how old it is
Day or two after, sure! But anything beyond 3 days is in the garbage.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have always eaten leftovers just as we always used them when I was a kid. I think some things like stews and homemade soups are better the second day. Since I am usually just cooking for myself now I will freeze things that I can't make just a little of like lasagna.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never eat leftovers. Though I do bring them home and feed them to my friends who come over.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only eat left over turkey. Everything else sits in the fridge for a week then we throw it out. We don't have a microwave so we usually throw everything out right away.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

My mother was commenting the other day that she can't believe some people don't eat leftovers and what a waste of food it is.

I don't mind them. I normally cook enough for a few days so we will have leftovers. They are always good for lunches, too.

I do know quite a few peoplethat throw away any leftovers.

What do you do?
I eat leftovers when any food is left, since I am on the Weight Watchers program, I usually just cook enough for the one meal but if there happens to be any left, I certainly do eat them.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby often works late shift, while I work days, so I frequently cook enough for two days, so we can individually pop the leftovers in the microwave the second day. Also, if there's a lot of preparation time involved, I want to be able to enjoy the meal for two days.

We had sauerbraten today, and will have it again tomorrow with different side dishes.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got into the habit of cooking too much when I didnt have hte car and couldnt get anywhere at lunch time, so had to take dinners, and still do it. I am cautious of how long to leave them in the fridge though, so tend to put things in the freezer instead in case I dont get round to eating them. If I make a big meal and dont eat it all, i will put it on the worktop, and if I ate early enough, i will finish it off for supper.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i do quite often. since my weight loss surgery, i can't eat what restaurants think is a normal portion. today, for example, i got quesadillas - they served 6 pieces, i ate 2, & took the rest home [2 more meals!]. at Sonic the other day, i got a burger, & at 1/2 of it. so i always have leftovers if i've eaten out ... now, when i fix my own stuff, i rarely have them because i only fix as much as i can eat, now.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends on what is leftover.. My hubby will eat most of the leftovers. Sometimes I think I make enough for me to take the next day, but hubby and I eat it all!!! LOL When I make chicken, I normally make just enough for that night so I don't have it in the fridge. My hubby cleaned out the fridge last week and threw out some of the stuff that might have come from someone's science experiment! But when we order pizza, well, we eat that. I love cold pizza! We ordered Friday and ate the last 2 pieces today..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind eating leftovers - I hate wasting food. There are some leftover foods I'm not nuts about, but some actully taste better the second time around.

~KK~

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely! Growing up with not much money and 5 kids (with three boys as teens for awhile) you learn to not let a single bit go to waste

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always take home leftovers from places, but honestly never seem to eat them.

I am extremely worried about things and how long they can last in the fridge, so if they are there more then 3 days, they get tossed out. I can get ill at the drop of a dime, so food poisoning is a major concern to me. Hubby did eat a cheesecake for a week though, I wouldn't touch it after 3 days. He was fine but also has the stomach of iron.