do you drive?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I drive a 2005 Toyota Prius. I call it my Tardis---blue box that's bigger on the inside than the outside. I can get all six cats plus show equipment and my suitcase in the back.

I really prefer a stick shift because I feel like I have more control, but I don't think anybody makes a hybrid with stick shift.

For 11 years I drove 90 miles roundtrip to work, then 8.5 years drove 65 miles roundtrip. I changed jobs last September and now I have less than 5 miles rountrip. The Prius gets great gas mileage on the short trips (~48MPG). If I didn't work nights I would probably walk it.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to change my answer to a 05 Dodge Grand Caravan. The 94 Plymouth bit the dust...had it 6 months

Originally Posted by LotsO'Cats

I drive an old beat up 94 Plymouth Acclaim that I got in July. It works better than my old 96 Honda Accord...lol I can drive both a automatic and a standard. I hate Standard's.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I drive. My car is a Buick Regal. I really don't like to drive as I had two wrecks a few years ago. The second one totalled my car and I had to do some rehab exercises for my knees. It did something to me and I don't have the confidence I used to when I am driving in unknown territory. We live in a rurala area with only a four lane highway that I drive on, very little traffic. I go to the dr., drugstore, etc. When we go to town, it is 30 minutes away. Since my hubby retired he is usually always with me so he drives.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

If you do what do you drive

I drive but I don't have a car at the moment, I'm getting the megane at some point this year though so Blaine can get his new toy lol
Drive, ride, fly!

Also have a turocharged Focus which is not currently street legal, and a B-body Impala SS that I was SUPPOSED to be installing my new steering wheel and sound system in today, but its so crazy cold. Complete demotivator.

Eventually, I need to sell most of my vehicles. Two bikes and three cars is kinda retarded for one person, and its especially dumb to have cars that aren't driven on the street. The market for used vehicles is just so very very poor right now.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes....I drive. I spend more time driving from the passenger side than in the driver's seat. I use a Chevy Impala, that is left hand drive, on my mail route. It's not fitted for right hand drive, and personally I prefer driving that way. I just made my last car payment last week! Yay!
We also have an '02 F-250 with a standard transmission. It's fun to drive for a change, but darn hard to climb up into.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am currently driving my dad Toyota Camry as my ford contour played out. But I am looking to buy a ford f 150, that is a 4x4 or has a limited slip rear end. I live way out in the country and the county rarely does anything to our road when it snows and I work at a hospital so we have to be there regardless of what the weatherman says so we are looking for a nice truck for me. I hope to find a good one and then maybe once its paid for I want to buy me a ford fusion to drive when the weather is nice or take turns with it. I went with my dad and we looked at one and I love them. I have to admit I like my dad's camry but when I don't like to drive when its windy as it seems to want to be moved around by it. We don't have any public transit options here so if you don't drive and you can't walk to where you need to go you are out of luck and most everything here is sprawled out.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned how to drive a stick when my dad bought me a 79 Pontiac Sunfire when I was in college. Now the only "stick's" are the tractors and the ATV.

I currently drive a 2011 Ford Fiesta we bought late Sept. It already has 6000 miles on it.
I call it my "baby car".
When landscaping season starts again I have the 2002 F150 to use. The truck is basically parked now. With the price of gas it was silly using it as a commuter vehicle. We still need a truck for hauling stuff and bringing firewood back from our property up north.
Neil drives the 2005 Merc Milan. The miles are adding up on that car so we may replace it this year with something new.
Having worked for Ford for 20 years I kind of biased towards vehicle makers plus I still get good pricing from Ford on new vehicles.