Do these boxes look big enough......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Did you have to cut the sides down at all? I recommend not doing that if you want to minimize the litter on the floor!
No, they seem to manage ok jumping in and out

Here's Jack modelling one of them
It looks quite small in the picture but it is longer so i don't know if it's how i took the picture?

They can fling all they want now, because when i scouped them this morning there was no mess on the carpet

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he looks soo thrilled to have his picture taken at that moment

I think when it's time to change out my boxes I'll be doing this too...my only concern with that particular box is the wheel part...with my luck Stan would pee right on that and I'd be stuck trying to get the clump off without breaking it into a million pieces...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jack looks so handsome in his box!!

Cheaper than Rubbermaid: Sterilite bins from Target.

Susan - I have 2 sets of boxes because they are so inexpensive. When the boxes are ready to be disinfected, I simpy fill up the clean bin, then I can leasurely disinfect the dirty ones. I like to bleach them in the sun after I wash them out so it gives me time to do that. I'll leave them in the sun for a week.

Scarlett not only digs to China, she also doesn't squat when she wees. She'll stand in the box and blast out the back (thus the need to rotate boxes regularly). Sometimes I wonder if she does this because she was orphaned and didn't have a momma to show her that she needs to bend her legs when she wees.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Susan - I have 2 sets of boxes because they are so inexpensive. When the boxes are ready to be disinfected, I simpy fill up the clean bin, then I can leasurely disinfect the dirty ones. .
That's a good idea Amy because their easily stacked inside each other out the way

Oh something i forgot to tell you all!. I emptied out the 2 litterboxes and the hooded box, and started to fill the new ones up with fresh litter. I heard a tinkling noise behind me, and there was Rosie tinkling in one of the empty boxes?!

She was certainly leaving her scent there alright, and i grabbed hold of her as soon as she finished to wipe her paws because she was standing in it

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

Usually if I'm near one of the lower (13") boxes and Bella is using it, I will bend down and push her rear end down while she is peeing so that I don't have to clean up the wall & floor.
LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only who has done that. I used to have to do that to Nabu before we found the right height of tub.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

Cheaper than Rubbermaid: Sterilite bins from Target.
That's what I use too. A few dollars cheaper than rubbermaid, especially since I'm going to cut it up and let the cats use it for a litterbox.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh something i forgot to tell you all!. I emptied out the 2 litterboxes and the hooded box, and started to fill the new ones up with fresh litter. I heard a tinkling noise behind me, and there was Rosie tinkling in one of the empty boxes?!
Mine will do that when I swap out boxes unless I immediately move the used box outside. And yes, their paws have gotten in it which is why I get them out of the house quickly. You can't blame them - it is their box and being empty is novel (sort of like that new blanket you lay on your sofa).

I first spray them down with the hose, then do a good wash in the bathtub before they go outside to be sun bleached.