Do any of you bring your pets to work?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bookeeper here has a BT and a Mini Pin. I am keeping at him to bring them with him! I keep telling him they are small enough.

They supposedly do have travel boxes but they are not covered. If I had the space and my own area I would just set one up with a hood and be done with it!
But I share with non animal friendly people.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't bring my pets to work with me. Considering I'm a dog walker, I don't think my cats would be too thrilled!

It's cool that some people can take their pet to work though.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get to bring my Affenpinscher Munchie with me sometimes. I take care of an elderly lady with dementia and she just loves to have Munchie come visit. It's really fun to have her there. My little lady perks right up and smiles the whole time we are there.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have brought my cats to work with me when they needed to see the vet for something, or get vaccinated etc... Recently I was filling in for the receptionist when she was sick and I had brought one of my kittens (about 8 months old) for vaccinations. Everyone who came in thought it was cool how she was just sitting on a chair and relaxing behind the reception desk while she was there. My littermate kittens are SO laid back! I've taken them to my friend's pet boutique a few times to see their sister (she adopted one of the littermates as a 'store cat') and they just hang out calmly, don't even mind her dogs running around them.
So far I haven't brought my dog Bianca to work for the day because she is not always good around other dogs (we're working on that) when on a leash and so when she needed to see the vet I had a family member driving me to work with her on a day when there were no appointments until later in the morning, and had them wait while the vet treated her and then drive her back home.

I also do petsitting and usually if I am petsitting for someone in my neighborhood with dogs, when I give them their daily walk I would walk my dogs and the dog(s) I am petsitting together. When I walk my dogs I usually have a family member come along and we go 2-3 miles usually so that way the dog(s) I'm petsitting get the benefit of a nice long walk too and since there are two people it's not a problem having an extra dog along.

I brought my dog Ginger to my university a few times but not for classes obviously. It was usually because someone wanted to meet her so I brought her when I didn't have classes. There used to be a woman who worked there who had a service dog who was a red-colored Golden Retriever, he looked like he could've been Ginger's twin when Ginger was younger. When I first met him I did a double take because it looked like she had my dog!
She wanted to meet Ginger so I brought her to her office one day. Ginger and Casey (the service dog) got to play together and had a lot of fun!

Here's a photo: