Dirty nose!

paperwaffle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently switched to a different type of wet food with more gravy in it, and when I got up this morning I noticed that my cat's nose had been dyed the color of the food. The fur right above her nose pad is white, so it is pretty dramatic looking. I tried washing it off with a damp warm cloth, but 1) my cat haaaated this, and 2) it didn't seem to help at all. I gave her the food right before going to bed so presumably the gravy on her nose had all night to dry into her fur, and it's pretty stuck.

Any ideas for how to get her nose clean again?

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would just let her lick it off eventually. Her nose is extremely sensitive, so she's not going to like the cloth. I'm curious if there is a way to clean it though.

Last edited:

faery

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it's not bothering her just leave it (cats rarely like their nose messed with!), as her fur grows the discoloured parts will just fall out and be replaced with clean fur. After her next meal that includes gravy try wiping her nose before it has a chance to dry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paperwaffle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the perfect two-pronged approach! I think preventative nose-wiping next time is going to be the key.