Diet Change!!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Yay!

Harley loves the Salmon ones, I don't know what the correct name of it is tho
I have no idea heh. I wish Jellie would eat my homemade raw..but right now she doesnt wanna be nice to momma lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I have no idea heh. I wish Jellie would eat my homemade raw..but right now she doesnt wanna be nice to momma lol

Awww, Jellie, come on and be nice to meowmy!

This morning I went to feed Harley his dry, and he didn't want it - he saw that I was pouring the food into his bowl, but he sniffed it and walked away - I was shocked!

So... I went to the cupboard and got his wet food out and put it in a bowl, and he ate the whole thing!

MY BABY LIKES WET FOOD!!

He still eats his dry, but I am starting to notice that he's loving the wet more and more each day!

I just had to share my good news, cuz only TCS people would understand my excitement!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww, Jellie, come on and be nice to meowmy!

This morning I went to feed Harley his dry, and he didn't want it - he saw that I was pouring the food into his bowl, but he sniffed it and walked away - I was shocked!

So... I went to the cupboard and got his wet food out and put it in a bowl, and he ate the whole thing!

MY BABY LIKES WET FOOD!!

He still eats his dry, but I am starting to notice that he's loving the wet more and more each day!

I just had to share my good news, cuz only TCS people would understand my excitement!
ah well what jellie wants Jellie gets so she can keep growing my little A nice and strong
if she wants pouches she gets pouches.

glad to hear Harley went nutty for the wet! I know we have two here getting a packet a day to slow down their dry consumption..cause they got a bit chubby hehehehe

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

ah well what jellie wants Jellie gets so she can keep growing my little A nice and strong
if she wants pouches she gets pouches.

glad to hear Harley went nutty for the wet! I know we have two here getting a packet a day to slow down their dry consumption..cause they got a bit chubby hehehehe
Harley is getting a little chubby too - thats why I'm so glad he's loving the wet so much!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in a jam last night and bought Fancy Fest. I am a blind bat and can not read the darn label. So I hope I did OK. She usually gets nutro wet and dry But she is up to 9oz of wet a day. Nibbles on kibble. OMG I hope she is not over eating but she is pregnant.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since you are doing so well switching Harley, why don't you come over & convince Twitch to eat more wet?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Since you are doing so well switching Harley, why don't you come over & convince Twitch to eat more wet?

Okay, I'll be back home again next weekend!

I think I just got lucky w/ Harley liking the food - I'm still surprised - he's usually so STUBBURN!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just getting around to replying now. Abby also gets Meow Mix pouches. Her favorites are Cluck-a-doodle-doo and Gobblicious.
She gets a pouch in the morning and evening. She only eats about half of each, but has dry Innova EVO out to snack on.

She will not eat other wet foods. She only eats the gravy from Nutro pouches, and will only eat Merrick for a day or two and then stick her little nose up at them. I did buy a can of EVO wet, but haven't tried it out yet.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

BTW, i bought some Nutro pouches, & they have LOTS of gravy & chunks about the size of dentyne gum - how would Twitch do with those?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I'm just getting around to replying now. Abby also gets Meow Mix pouches. Her favorites are Cluck-a-doodle-doo and Gobblicious.
I love the names of the food they have!

Harley likes them all, but his favorite is the Salmon one - which smells awful!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

She gets a pouch in the morning and evening. She only eats about half of each, but has dry Innova EVO out to snack on.

She will not eat other wet foods. She only eats the gravy from Nutro pouches, and will only eat Merrick for a day or two and then stick her little nose up at them. I did buy a can of EVO wet, but haven't tried it out yet.
Karen, this sounds like a certain white cat I know(Twitch since I have two).

Laureen, I feed Nutro pouches to Twitch & Lily already. Twitch still has trouble eating bites that big. I cut each one in half for her if she seems gung-ho about eating some.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nutro is a good food even wet. I give it to skittles unless I am in a jam. I also noticed it doesnt smell much like cat food LOL

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Karen, this sounds like a certain white cat I know(Twitch since I have two).

Laureen, I feed Nutro pouches to Twitch & Lily already. Twitch still has trouble eating bites that big. I cut each one in half for her if she seems gung-ho about eating some.
How much are Nutro pouches?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

How much are Nutro pouches?
seems like they were about $.70-$.80 cents each? i was trying to find something Pixel liked, so i could give her lysine in the food - no luck. altho she did prefer the gravy w/lysine squirted down her throat compared to the maple-flavored gel... i just don't understand why they made it maple-flavored - it says on the tube it's a supplement for cats - wouldn't tuna or chicken flavored have made more sense?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

seems like they were about $.70-$.80 cents each? i was trying to find something Pixel liked, so i could give her lysine in the food - no luck. altho she did prefer the gravy w/lysine squirted down her throat compared to the maple-flavored gel... i just don't understand why they made it maple-flavored - it says on the tube it's a supplement for cats - wouldn't tuna or chicken flavored have made more sense?
Maple flavored for a cat-what weirdo thought that up??
I don't see too many cats that want to take medicine easily, even when it tastes good to them.

Mackenzie, Randy(Country Pets) sells Nutro pouches(Nutro products now
) for $.65 each. That's what it costs in Pet Expo, too. Made my life really easy. Now I can get good food right here!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mackenzie, Randy(Country Pets) sells Nutro pouches(Nutro products now
) for $.65 each. That's what it costs in Pet Expo, too. Made my life really easy. Now I can get good food right here!
I've never been out there before actually! .65, thats not so bad at all. I bet that does make it really easy on you instead of driving to Mankato to get stuff like that!