Did TOTW change ingrediants?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the website said to contact your vet! And I agree with you.
Bender though being a stray a couple of years ago is a heavy eater-don't disturb that cat when he is eating. He will let you know if the dish is empty! He isn't a fussy eater at all so this bothers me. I had to break down and feed them wet food the past couple of days and they chowed that down in nothing flat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"Diamond is a large pet food manufacturer that had many of its products recalled in the past few years. The problems seem to be solved, and Taste of the Wild was not one of the products that had been recalled. Most of the recalls were due to contamination of the rice products in the foods. Since Taste of the Wild cat food doesn't have any grain products these recalls did not apply to this brand. "
and that was on: http://cats.lovetoknow.com/Taste_of_the_Wild_Cat_Food

Also, found a post on Itchomo from January 26 2011 about a cat developing a sudden severe reaction which they says seems like a skin reaction...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

We really need more codes. If it's not out of anyone's way can you stop in the stores you shop and write down a code or two? PLUS share your location if you don't list it. I'd like to see if we can figure out who's getting what from where in their areas.
I don't know if this will help. I bought this bag quite some time ago - I just give it to them as treats, so it lasts a long time. Its a 5 lb bag bought in a store near Raleigh, NC. The code is:

TCR0404D2XD
Best by 27-Apr-2011
00:05 CJ

I've been following this thread, and I'm really upset about all this because they just love this stuff for treats. I'm going to have to find them something else for treats, I guess. I just get so mad at these pet food companies and it seems its all about the bottom line and not the health of the pets.

Good luck sorting all this out, and I definitely won't be buying any more bags at least until I see what's going on.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
4 on kirkland here and a dog on kirkland no issues

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I just get so mad at these pet food companies and it seems its all about the bottom line and not the health of the pets.
That is always the most frustrating part and what really has me upset. It's all about the money it seems, especially when I called and chatted with them and it seemed that my problem was of no interest. THAT is upsetting to me.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My guys are eating TOTW (new fishy kind) as a primary part of their diet. Only vomiting issues have been from Eden, who snagged a bite of the wrong food that always makes her puke - not TOTW related vomiting. My TOTW is a new small bag I purchased w/in the last month.

Two of three dogs also eat TOTW & haven't had any issues.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not eating as much new food as I would like but hopefully that will get better.
I posted a comment on my FB page to my cat owner friends.

zarra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought a bag a week ago and Festus is eating his. I'm from southeastern Wisconsin.

TCR 1203 MC
Best By
16-DEC 2011
05:21 GJO

5 lb bag

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TOTW has a facebook page. I had to "like" in order to post a big concern. Please do so as well as maybe an answer will come faster..

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads up Gail. I never thought to see if they had a facebook page. I do love how they say that it's the balanced food that nature intended... I am not really sure that I could see my 11-12lb kitties hunting deer, but hey, it makes for funny thoughts.

Anyway, I checked out the bags of TOTW at the other Tractor Supply and they were all December 11 bags, so I really could not bring myself to risk making Louie pukey, and went ahead and went to petsmart and bought a bag of Blue Buffalo Basics to try for now. All 3 boys ate a tiny bit (I'm figuring simply slowly increasing their amount of dry would be the way to go since I can't mix it with TOTW?) of it, and the only one who puked (the one thing I try to avoid... ha!) was Louie and his was a case of the scarf and barf. It all came up whole he was so excited to get dry.
But he didn't act like he had a stomach ache or felt icky afterward like he had after eating TOTW. So I'm pretty sure it was him eating too quickly. Silly boy.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My FB post disappeared from their page shortly after I posted it. Grrrrrrr.

Well I'll wait for a response from Diamond Pet Foods. Mine ate a little of the Chicken Soup but I'll probably switch them off as its made by the same company.

kody's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went to their FaceBook page right after I saw your post on here, and it must have already been gone--that makes me wonder!

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gail, I looked for your post immediately after reading your post here, and I did not see it. I meant to get back on and tell you, but I had to get to bed. Obviously they don't want any negative feedback on their wall! Which could just be that they don't want to freak people out that something may be off...
But again, I like a company that is honest and open... I guess that is hard to find these days.

I wonder how long it will take me to get my refund for this bag. I plan to mail the information in a day or 2. It is a shame that I can't simply tell them the #s and where I got it and they send me a refund - instead I have to risk them saying they "never even got it".

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an email today actually this afternoon from Diamond Pet Foods.
They have a case # assigned and I have an email address.

So if anyone wants to voice their concern on TOTW, either post a message on the feedback section of Diamond Pet Foods website (they make TOTW).

Or PM me for the email address.

I am returning tomorrow my second bag of TOTW (keeping some of course) and I will see if they have the 1st bag I returned to get the production number. And returning the bag from Petsmart of the "by Nature" that the cats did like either.

They I don't quite know which ones are eating the Chicken Soup but I went to Petco and spoke at length to their cat food expert and yes have yet another food to try. Its by merrick and its called before B.G. grain. (the tuna flavour). Bender did eat it when I put it out and Bender walked away but ate some later. I'm not in the family room so I didn't see if the girls ate anything yet.

So thats the update so far............

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am looking for answers to this exact same issue. I have 7 cats that eat Taste of the Wild dry food and various brands of wet food. The new bag of TOTW is NOT being eaten. Even my "dry food only" cat will not touch it and he has resorted to the wet food. They all go to the bowl, sniff, take a bite and leave.

Any updates on what might be going on? I called TOTW and they claimed no formula change and that they have heard no complaints......hmmm.

Thanks for any info.