Did I Do The Right Thing? What Should I Do Now?

MJO12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the advice! I am sending my husband off to the store now. We only have classic Fancy Feast in the house, so we will need to get kitten specific wet food (?), the aluminum pan and non clumping litter. I am just trying to bone up on what kittens need and their care. I hope I can get the hang of it fairly quickly! *smile*
You are fortunate in your husband Not all men would support what you are doing. Give him a hug from me.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My big guy is loved to pieces by every vet tech because they can do anything with him. I have the most luck getting him in the carrier when I gently use the scruff of his neck, that seems to help. Anyway, once we get there, he's too scared to resist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

InnocentBystander

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Parasite positive!

I received a call from the vet today. Grayson and Robin have tested positive for parasites. She advised that I pick up the medicine needed to treat them. 2 ml the 1st day, then 1 ml for the following 10. So, after work I stopped there and purchased the meds. They want to retest next month to ensure the bad guys are out of their systems.

I also received some concerning news surrounding Dooley. She said his calcium levels came back high which was very concerning to her. She said it could just be high, or that it could be a problem...tumor, cancer...everything else read normal.

She also wants to retest him in a month to see if the levels drop. She advised me to watch him for weight loss, vomiting etc. When retested, if the results come back high then we have to determine next steps, X-rays, ultrasound, etc. I don't think I have the fight in me for that. I am so battle weary after dealing with the diabetes and Jax. :(

Once we got home, DH bathed the cats (vet said it was okay to do it today). Robin looked adorable. A small tiny body with the biggest of ears! :lol:

After their baths they fell asleep in the towels on my lap until we placed them in their play area. They play fight all the time and are rambunctious! I hope the playpen is still standing in the morning!:lol2:

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That’s why it’s always better to have two. More play, more sleep and less work.

Great job... I love reading rescue success stories. You’ve done well! You guys make a great mom and dad!