Desperate Measures

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hadn't checked in for a few days here, and I saw you updated and I thought "Oh No! What did Bijou do NOW to get rid of those stitches?" I'd laugh... but it isn't funny!

But how cute is that that he'd rather have the sleepers than the soft collar? He is SO adorable in them.

When do those darn stitches come out?????????????????

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I hadn't checked in for a few days here, and I saw you updated and I thought "Oh No! What did Bijou do NOW to get rid of those stitches?" I'd laugh... but it isn't funny!

But how cute is that that he'd rather have the sleepers than the soft collar? He is SO adorable in them.

When do those darn stitches come out?????????????????

Laurie
The stitches are scheduled for removal on Saturday morning at 9:30. I've told him and he smiled at me.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

The stitches are scheduled for removal on Saturday morning at 9:30. I've told him and he smiled at me.
I'll just bet he did!!
Interesting, though, the battle of wills and then the kitty "gets" it and cooperates bigtime. I had the same battle with Fawn when they got their first collars, but now if she loses one, she comes and asks for a new one.

I'm glad our boy will be released from this "torture" soon.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I'll just bet he did!!
....I'm glad our boy will be released from this "torture" soon.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
do you removed his ecollar? i guess if you dont want your pet touching the stitches then you shouldnt removed the ecollar.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cattoys

do you removed his ecollar? i guess if you dont want your pet touching the stitches then you shouldnt removed the ecollar.
We have the e-collar on him when we are not at home and put his sleepers on when we are at home.
Little Bijou Houdini has been able to get out of both his collar and his sleepers at one point or another.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckblv

Those pictures are just adorable. I am thinking his stiches are out now.
Thanks Cindy. Yes, finally on Friday evening when I got home, he looked so sad in his collar. I took it off and looked at his incision. It looked very well healed so I made the decision not to put his sleepers on. I watched him closely and he groomed every inch of himself, then in an instant pulled out the stitches.
I called the vet and they said if everything looked fine then he wouldn't need to be seen on Saturday morning.

Now, however, it looks as though there is still a lump under the skin and I know for a fact that there was nothing there when he pulled the stitches out the first 3 times. I'm just going to keep an eye and ensure that it is just swelling and will go down by itself in a bit of time. If not, back to the vet we go.

I just wanted to add that when I took the collar off and didn't put his sleepers back on, I was talking to him and asking him how good it felt and he was rolling around, stretching and giving me kitty kisses. I do believe he understood.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could just be a little bruise where he pulled the stitches out. Fingers crossed that everything is all right.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

It could just be a little bruise where he pulled the stitches out. Fingers crossed that everything is all right.
Thanks Jenny. That's what I'm thinking (and hoping).

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

It could just be a little bruise where he pulled the stitches out.
I would say the same?.

I always remember when Sophie was spayed. She was spayed on the friday, and on the monday when i got home from work i went to put her in the carrier to take her for her post op checkup, but noticed she managed to get her e collar off and pull out a stitch!

Fortunately it had healed over so she didn't need another stitch, but i just had to make sure her collar was a little tighter for the next few days.

I never did find that stitch either so she must have swallowed it?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks Cindy. Yes, finally on Friday evening when I got home, he looked so sad in his collar. I took it off and looked at his incision. It looked very well healed so I made the decision not to put his sleepers on. I watched him closely and he groomed every inch of himself, then in an instant pulled out the stitches.
I called the vet and they said if everything looked fine then he wouldn't need to be seen on Saturday morning.

Now, however, it looks as though there is still a lump under the skin and I know for a fact that there was nothing there when he pulled the stitches out the first 3 times. I'm just going to keep an eye and ensure that it is just swelling and will go down by itself in a bit of time. If not, back to the vet we go.

I just wanted to add that when I took the collar off and didn't put his sleepers back on, I was talking to him and asking him how good it felt and he was rolling around, stretching and giving me kitty kisses. I do believe he understood.
Aww, sweet boy, I'm sure he did understand. I'm glad everything seems to be OK now, and
that that little lump disappears on its own and doesn't turn out to be anything to worry about.

for Bijou.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Linda - I saw this thread resurrected and wondered what happened. I never saw the end - so I didn't know Bijou didn't wait until Saturday to have his stitches out.

He is SUCH a stitch!

Seriously - you need to have a quiet little chat with your little man. Tell him that because he hates stitches so much, he'd better never require surgery again for any reason EVER!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is fine. The lump is gone and the fur is coming back.