Deeply grieving Caleb

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss Stephanie!
Your precious angel is playing at the bridge now.
Hold your girls tight and feel their love. Hopefully this will comfort you.
RIP Caleb!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo sorry for the loss of your special boy
{{{HUGS}}}

RIP Caleb
sweet baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Again, thank you guys so much for your support. I really having a hard time with this. I'm really doubting my coping abilities and just can't quit crying when thinking of him. If something was to happen to my girls, I do believe I'd fall apart permanently if I survived it at all. Caleb was my little boy, so special, so precious. I held him in the palm of my hand when he weighed only 4 oz. I wish he had come with us when we moved here. Really, though, my Dad adored him so much he was surely happier there. Since I've been away, I asked about Caleb every day and always missed him. If I could be with him just one more time. To have just known the most recent time we spent together would be our last. I really still can't quite comprehend that he's gone. If I could just see him again, hold him, and give him a little kiss on his forehead. But I can't, he's gone.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am holding you close sweet Stephanie.

lynnsaystarr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful boy your Caleb was. Thanks for showing his pictures. I'm sorry to hear you lost him. The crook on the tail seems a very special trait indeed. My departed Dickens kitty had a little one too, right on the tip. She will always have a special place in my heart the way Caleb will always be with you too.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Again, thank you guys so much for your support. I really having a hard time with this. I'm really doubting my coping abilities and just can't quit crying when thinking of him. If something was to happen to my girls, I do believe I'd fall apart permanently if I survived it at all. Caleb was my little boy, so special, so precious. I held him in the palm of my hand when he weighed only 4 oz. I wish he had come with us when we moved here. Really, though, my Dad adored him so much he was surely happier there. Since I've been away, I asked about Caleb every day and always missed him. If I could be with him just one more time. To have just known the most recent time we spent together would be our last. I really still can't quite comprehend that he's gone. If I could just see him again, hold him, and give him a little kiss on his forehead. But I can't, he's gone.
My heart aches for you, Stephanie. I hear your pain, and I know it intimately -- not from a street accident, but a disappearance -- not as abrupt, but just as unexpected -- and I still long for one more hug, one more kiss, that will never be, this side of the Bridge.
Hang in there. The hole that your sweet boy has left will not go away, but you will learn to move around it, so that you do not fall in quite so frequently.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you're hurting Stephanie. It happens because you love so much - although the hurting is horrible, it is better to have known the wonderful love that having Caleb in your life meant. The day to day will get easier - it just takes time.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie, I am so sorry that I didn't read this post earlier - my heart cries for you & your family. Your father must be so devastated as well. As for dear Caleb, he lives in our Father's dwelling place now, and as he crossed over RB, he ran up to His arms and was told, "Well done, you good and faithful servant". And now Caleb joins our other TCS kitties, who patiently wait for us to cross over to join them, forever this time.
Play happily in Heaven, dear Caleb!

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie, is your dad going to be ready for another cat?
There is going to be no cat like Caleb, but the healing would come faster with another cat.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been a year today since you were taken so suddenly, precious Caleb, and with you went a piece of my heart. Here I sit, once again in tears. Even now, it still feels so impossible to think that you're gone. I've grown stronger, though, able to see your picture with an endearing smile instead of a flood of tears. Still, the imagined scenes in my mind of what may have been your last moments may never leave. If I could just hold you one more time.

I know you're in Heaven now, so very happy, and with your very own coffee maker from which to keep a watch over all the joy around you! I love you, little Caleb Boy, and miss you more than words will express.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet Caleb
I hope your playing happily over the Rainbow Bridge with my sweet Davidson

Hugs to you today Steph

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, guys, it meant so much to me to have your support yesterday. It was much more difficult than I'd imagined it would be.