Debraaaa Myyyyyers!!! Come out Come out!!!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had clotted cream. Is it sweet at all? Is it like unsalted butter or maybe unflavored yogurt? Or is it more liquid-y like condensed milk?

vikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm...the clotted cream that I've had is sweet (not overly so) and about the consistency of softened cream cheese or butter.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I'll attempt clotted cream, but...My mother never had a tea for anyone. My dad was a steak and potatoes man; however, she made some of those goodies on a regular basis. I didn't know other people's mothers didn't make scones; they're simple. I had to do research over the phone to get ideas. I had only attended an afternoon tea at a hotel once, and thought it would be a fun thing to do. It was! Especially if the people you invite don't know what you're up to.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does sound like a lot of fun! My mom always said that she wanted to take my sister and I for tea at The Brown Palace (5-Star hotel and eatery here in Denver. It's where President Clinton stayed when they had their big summit meeting here a few years ago). Unfortunately, our schedules never meshed and then mom got sick... Well, the thought was there.

It's funny because my mom just really could not cook! She burned every batch of cookies she ever made. My sister and I somehow ended up being pretty good cooks. Mom was really happy because that meant she could turn the cooking duties over to us! :tounge2:

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You learned to cook in self-defense!

Actually, my daughter is probably going to be the same. She thinks everything I cook is too spicy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hahaa you guys are sooooo baaad!!! Don't get me thinking about CLOTTED CREAM!!! Oh no!! Its too late!!
hahaha...
I have no idea how you actually make it from scratch.... but I buy it from Cornwall whenever we go, it comes in little plastic tubs and looks kinda gross and yellowy when you first open it - you have to stir it up really good with a fork and it doubles in thickness and you end up with about 3 times as much as you did to start!!! Its is sweet, but not very really, - thats why it goes soooo well with scones and jam....
I would like to eat it every day... but its soooooo fattening!!! :LOL: Ah well.... bring it on!! :LOL:

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, dear, Rhea! Shame on you! I was trying to forget clotted cream , but now you have my mouth watering. If you sent some packed in dry ice, I'll send you some chipped ham packed in dry ice.! Why did you do this to me? I so love creamy things....I could drink straight whipping cream, and my mother used to give me condensed milk by the tablespoonsful. MMMM-scone, raspberry jam, and clotted cream, and.....

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are killing me!
When I went to the candy machine at work today to get some granola (yeah! RIGHT)
) I was standing there laughing my aster off thinking of you all - there was a new supply of individual pop-tarts staring at me! It was too hard to explain to everyone - so I left them wondering...........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOooooo Deb!! How could you!??!?!? And you didn't give me a bite?!?!?!? Oooooooo soooo CRUEL!!!!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you realize that we have become food voyeurs? I think it best that we not talk this way in front of strangers!

spooky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could really go for that "between the sheets cake" right about now. I'm STARVING!! I think that hubby would kill me if I ever made that since hes trying to loose weight. Oh well.