Debraaaa Myyyyyers!!! Come out Come out!!!

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, homemade Boston Creme Pie, I'm in!

You must be a talented cook, to do something like that.

Now don't go telling me it was easy or such, I suck at baking and barely cook well enough to eat, so it wouldn't be easy for me. Just bask in the admiration!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is the toughest pie to bake because it is a cake really and unless you have the right tools, don't even attempt it, but my oh my it is soo good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmmmm Mmmm Gimme some that pie Hissy!!!! NOW!!! I haven't had my Poptart fix yet thismorning and if I don't get soething sweet and stodgey I may get violent!! :LOL:

YEEEEEEEEEY!!!!! DEBRA'S BAAAAAAACK!!!!!! Now listen here lady, don't you EVER do that to me again!!!!! OR ELSE!!!
Missed ya Loon!!

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, if Debra is busy I can always supply the Poptarts. What kinds do you want. There is cherry,chocolate and marshmellows, cinnamon and apple, and blueberry. All have frosting on them.

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy- can you send me a piece of that pie you've made.
Spooky- the poptart is on the way, all toasted and warm.

I only had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast so I am very hunry.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had breakfast yet, so send some poptarts my way!

But I like the blueberry and the strawberry frosted ones! Oh, and the cinnamon ones, yum!!

I've already had my coffee fix today, so now I need some sugar!

(Where's Fredlet, my sweet SUGARpud? Freddy, oh Fre-e-e-ddy-y-y, time for lovin's)

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nena--Estas un nina mala!!!! See what you did to Sunlion with your sugar water frosting? She's gone off the deep end. Lie down, Sunlion; you'll be all right. Have a nice glass of milk and a pecan roll. Nina, azucar blanco? No mas!!
( Nena's a bad girl. No more white sugar icing!)

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But Pillsbury Toaster Strudel is soooooooooo much better than Poptarts! (Did I say that?) LOL

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I really want, is a heart-shaped coconut-almond scone split and filled with raspberry jam. Which sounds odd, but is delicious, and the only place I've ever gotten it was at the Capitola Book Cafe, outside of Santa Cruz, CA. If I had a credit card, I'd call them and have them overnight a few to me . . .

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to go back to my High School Days and go to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and order a Zoo to share with my friends! A Zoo is huge concoction bananna split, hot fudge sundae and man was it good. The sounded this huge alarm and ran this huge bowl of goo to your table on a stretcher held on their shoulders.

That and Thrifty Drug Store where you could get the best ice cream cone in town for a nickel for one scoop and dime for 2 and a quarter for three!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you kidding, Sunlion? My mother was from Glasgow and made soda scones in her black cast-iron skillet. I teethed on scones and raspberry jam. I haven't tried the coconut and almond flavoring, though, but I'll bet it's good. I wish I had asked my mother for her recipe, but.. Well, I got one from the Carnegie Library, which I tried out for a high tea I held for my daughters and daughter-in-law. It was explained to me that our concept of high tea is inaccurate, but you know what I mean. We used Mom's Blue Willow china, and had finger sandwiches, scones, strawberries and cream, jams, homemade English toffee, fancy cakes (I bought those-they were too complicated for me to make..well, to make that beautiful, anyway), homemade cookies, and fancy teas with lemon, real cream, and sugar cubes. I had flowers (just a supermarket bunch) on the table. I did not tell the girls why they were coming, but I told them they must dress in their Sunday best and wear jewelry, or they would not be admitted. I said we would be honoring someone. At each place I put a card made of home-made paper with mulberry blossoms imbedded, and an angel pin inside. They had all helped me through an illness, and I told them they were my three angels, and that the tea was in their honor. Each message was different and personalized. There were a lot of teary eyes, and none of us could speak for a little while. Then, we pigged out!! OOOPs! Jeanie, you're of British heritage, you know!!!!Control yourself. I meant to say we all did partake of the treats, and thoroughly enjoyed our "high tea." It's a great way to make use of your best china and fancy teas.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOOPs! I forgot to tell you we had Scottish shortbread, made with my mother's recipe! Yum.
Hissy, at King's here in western PA, there is a huge concoction called a King's Castle, with about 10 scoops of ice cream which sounds like your treat. If you finish it, you get a pin with a castle on it. My son, a 6'4" teenager at the time, is the only member of the family who earned that pin!

vikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was a great story Jeanie. I guess I'll forgive you for maligning PopTarts
. Next, you'll be telling me that I shouldn't eat Frosted Flakes. BTW, some of the kiddie cereals are better for you than the 'healty' cereals. Have you ever checked out the fat and sodium in some of those cereals
?

Cream tea. Yum. I have been craving some nice tea, scones and clotted cream for months now. I'm not sure what brought it on. I've never tried 'Afternoon Tea' anywhere in the States because I thought I'd be disappointed...and I can't justify spending oodles of money for it here. I have seen a few recipes for something similar to clotted cream but I' haven't tried that either.

Great - now I feel the need for a snack
:icecream: .

vikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunlion,

Clotted cream is the yummy, 'clogs your arteries as you eat it' spreadable cream that you usually put on scones with jam. It's also called Devon Cream, Devonshire Cream, Cornwall Cream. We could get into the European Union Laws about what cream can have a certain name(like when is Champagne Champagne and when is it sparkling wine) but it's all clotted cream to me

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was expensive for me, but those girls deserved that and more. They cleaned my house, took care of me, helped me wrap Christmas gifts, while their own work waited for them at home. Of course, the more "sweets" you make yourself, the less expensive it is, but it cost as much as Thanksgiving dinner for the family did. Mom never gave me a recipe for clotted cream. Sorry. Do you have a good recipe for steak and kidney pie? I had it at a Bobby Burns dinner, but it just had a "wee bit" of kidney in it, and I was disappointed.

Nah, I don't like Frosted Flakes. I do like honey nut Cheerios. I think I'm a brown sugar person and you're a white sugar person. I'm a Heath bar lover. MMMMmmmm, butter, almonds, melted sugar.
I'll bet that's what candy is like in heaven!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Vikki, I was cheated! My father was from Devonshire, and I don't have the recipe! I will e-mail my cousins near Exeter and see if they can tell me how to make it. Maybe Bodlover can help us. She visits Devon and Cornwall a lot. RHEEEEEAAAAAAA!!!!!! I have to yell loudly because she's so far away! RHEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boy, you guys are getting all cultured on us! We never had any of those hoity-toity delectibles around - just the basic cake, cookies, ice cream type stuff. Mom wasn't that good of a cook (she was the first one to say it!) so many times the treat we had was graham cracker/chocolate icing sandwiches!

I am about 99% sure that there is no nutritional value in these, but I was really excited to see that they have Marshmallow Fruit Loops back! Sugar overload! :tounge2:

vikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does some brave person want to start a new thread about food (delectables)
? But, if Debra doesn't mind a thead with her name in it always being bumped to the top, I don't mind

Cultured? Hee hee. We never had that kind of stuff at home. Although, both of my parents are much better cooks than I am. I do like to bake but I'm a recipe sort of person. Most of my experience with non-States kind of food comes from traveling and from going to restaurants with 'ethnic' menus.

I don't think I have the stomach to make real clotted cream - it involves letting milk (straight from the cow) sit out for hours. Some of the recipe for the mock stuff uses heavy cream or cream cheese. You'd be surprised what a search engine can find on the internet. I've seen clotted cream for sale in little jars but I can't bring myself to buy it.