Dear anyone with an "Indoors Only" cat.

mj412

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi...the fact that this kittly has been an "indoor only" for the past 18 mos. is a big plus. Our 4 mos. old is indoors only, and yearns to go outside. I think they all do. We put a cat tree house in front of a large window and she spends hours playing and watching the hummingbirds. She seems to do ok by herself. Kitties do like some attention, but are pretty independent. Give her lots of love and she'll adjust in no time...they say it takes about a week. Hope all works well for the 3 of you.

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two cats were mostly indoor girls, but I let them outside once in a while under supervision except for the winter months. It's very important to keep a cat indoors for at least a year to let the homing instincts set in, in case it runs away or gets stolen.

Last edited:

cecegrandmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Keeping your cat inside is safer for your cat.  The cat will sleep or play while you are gone.  Good thing about a cat is they are independent and do not have to go out to potty like a dog.  Great to not let them out where there are dangers everywhere.  Cars. Dogs. Pests.  Our two rescue cats are happy and healthy.  Do not need anything while we are out.  They have dry food out.  They have fresh water available.  Litter box available.  They will look out windows, sleep or play.   A toy felt mouse or jingle ball and they are good to go without you.  No barking.  Win Win.

chloejune

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sure cats will like being outdoors better, but they're also in a loving home and you owe it to yourself to keep them safe. Safe from: Traffic accidents. Parasites and worms from the insects and rodents they hunt and eat. Fleas. Other cats. Dogs. Beavers. Racoons. Etc. = Happier YOU. No doctor bills, no worries and stress. Etc.

My cats have plenty of toys, a tree, ME (I'm one of their major playmates), and they have each other, mother and daughter. 

They like sleeping most of the time that I am away from home anyway. Love sleeping.