Deal Of The Day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get the picture to post at first, but it is there now. Take a look. I did a bit of research and found this mixer was manufactured in 1962. It comes with a whip only. From what I read, the motor is not strong enough to do heavy dough, but it makes great cakes, potatoes, etc.

Last edited:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to a couple of moving/yard sales this morning. This is the absolute best buy I ever got at a sale. It is a Kitchen Aid Model C-4 mixer. I paid the big sum of $5.00 for this baby.
Wow! What a steal! Did you have to use a gun to get it at that price?
I know you're going to love it! I'm really happy for you! What are you going to make first?

I guess we can now say you're a very mixed up person.

Keep up the great hunting!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not sure what I will make first. The thing is, I have a new one I bought three years ago. I had to have a mixer that would make heavy bread dough since I eat gluten free. But I want to try this one out. I might bake something tomorrow when I come from church.
We found it at a beautiful home on the river shore. It was built up high so we had the most beautiful view over the river while we shopped. The man and his wife were here from Maryland cleaning out the house. His brother had died. The house is under contract and they were just about giving things away because they have to go back to Maryland in the morning.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sitting here with my mouth open! Awesome!

That was back when Hobart still owned Kitchen Aid, so it should be extremely well-made, it should be a work horse and it should last you forever and a day. Now I think KA is owned by Whirlpool.

Please, please, please use it and enjoy! It's just gorgeous!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It took me a while to get it cleaned up. There is no rust and it is in good shape. I did some research and learned it was made in 1962. There were some attachments for the front of it. It did not come with a dough hook or paddle when it was manufactured. I tried mine, but they won't fit. I am not sure if it would process the gluten free bread dough I make, but I think it will work wonderfully for everything else. My nephew's wife said she wants it and she is willing to double what I paid. So she had his wallet getting money out. She couldn't believe it when I told her I only paid $5.00. She said "Well then, I will still double your money." I still have the mixer. I want to use it some, but she wants is bad.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There is no rust and it is in good shape. I did some research and learned it was made in 1962. There were some attachments for the front of it.
Superb find and can't beat the price! :thumbsup: Plus the home on the river shore makes for a nice back drop. DH goes to estate sales, garage and yard sales. He loves the hunt. I would keep the mixer and see if you could find some of the attachments that were not included on e-bay, etc. Regarding selling it to your nephew's wife for double what you paid depends on how much you like her. :wink: Maybe she could come over and use the mixer at your house instead.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am going now to bake something. I will report here. I know it is going to work wonderfully.''

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I baked a pan of gluten free corn bread. The mixer needs to be adjusted so the beater esn't touch the bottom of the bowl. If I can figure out how to do that, then no problems. I tried to put a picture here, but I have problems every time I try to add pictures. So I am over that. :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Look at the very front of your mixer; there should be a set screw or some kind of screw there. It might be behind the name plate? You're showing the mixer from the side, so I can't tell. Anyway, you have to adjust that screw in order to adjust where the beaters hit the bottom of your bowl.....I'm not exactly sure how and I'm at work, so I can't look at mine. I know you're supposed to put a dime in the bottom of your bowl. Set the mixer to 5. And adjust accordingly....you want the beater to be just barely touching the dime. That's for a new mixer though and yours is way different.

By all means, call KA....I understand their customer service is pretty good to deal with. Good luck!

Geez, that does look so pretty.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Thanks. I had printed out the instruction manual for this machine. It explains about the screw. When we turned the machine over and looked up into the inside, there is a metal flange that is broken off. Because of that the screw won't work. But my husband is going to try to put something under the edge where the motor head sits. We wedged it with a piece of card board to see if that would lift the head and get the beaters off the bowl. It will. He has some white electrical tape that he is going to try. He believes about three layers of it will solve the problem.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby has done his thing with the tape. The beater is off the bottom of the bowl. It is sitting there waiting for me to make something, which I will do in the next day or two. He sure is a handy guy to have around. He can fix just about anything.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is still a work in progress. I mixed up brownies. The tape didn't hold. Hubby snatched it off. He has figured a way to fix it with screws. I will try again with a picture when he gets it done.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want one like that. I make a lot of cookies and other baked goods. The hand mixer is a pain.
I thought about getting one like that, but they are expensive. What a deal you got.