De gloved tail surgery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Allymac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No bandages on her tail! Just the cone. Had vets today and agreed another week with cone and meds. I hate the cone for her but definitely can't risk her damaging her tail further. She would definitely get it if she could now

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah Nick was such a cone escape artist that before he left the vet his cone was secured to his collar and the figure 8 around his arms, across his back! 🤣 it is why I love the picture of him with his freshly healed, still shaved tail, rolling around in the yard. He was so ecstatic to finally be free! But we did give Nick 1-2 , 5-10 minute breaks from his sone every day ..... with close eagle eye supervision in a room with the door closed. If he even tried to go near his tail, the cone went back on. That way he could groom himself a bit. I was freaking out about Nick until he was healed up but the people in this forum helped ease my worries. Brushing his non injured parts made him feel better to.

She will get all healed up. She will get there!
CD613428-783B-4916-88EC-2F6E0BAD6216.jpeg

Allymac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah Nick was such a cone escape artist that before he left the vet his cone was secured to his collar and the figure 8 around his arms, across his back! 🤣 it is why I love the picture of him with his freshly healed, still shaved tail, rolling around in the yard. He was so ecstatic to finally be free! But we did give Nick 1-2 , 5-10 minute breaks from his sone every day ..... with close eagle eye supervision in a room with the door closed. If he even tried to go near his tail, the cone went back on. That way he could groom himself a bit. I was freaking out about Nick until he was healed up but the people in this forum helped ease my worries. Brushing his non injured parts made him feel better to.

She will get all healed up. She will get

Allymac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tiny is a bit wild when you try to do something to her ;) I would be scared of the fight to put it back on haha. Shes not too bad with the cone. Although I think the obstructed senses are why she just stays in my room where she knowscits safe!

Allymac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So she has now burst her stitches :( waiting to hear from out of hours vets to see if she needs to go in or whether csn wait till Monday:(

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are not taking the cat in tonight, I would clean it, put a bit of Neosporin on it & contain poor Tiny to a room. Be sure to check it a few times each day to make sure it is clean.

Please tell us what the vet says. I hope Tiny has a speedy recovery!

Allymac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tiny was at the vets this morning, they just snipped the remaining stitch away and hopefully it will just heal now. She has more pain meds and also antibiotics. Fingers crossed that's her done! :)

Allymac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meant to update! She is free of cone and meds and tail fully healed. Thanks for the help and advice guys :)