Daylight savings time

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the reminder!! I totally forgot! XO

Sad part is we loss some light. :-( good part is that hour of extra rest! (or play) ;-)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Europe "fell back" last weekend, and a lot of people showed up an hour early for stuff on Sunday or Monday. Just about all the clocks in our house as well as my watch are radio-controlled and adjusted the time automatically. I only had to adjust the time on our landline.

I'm enjoying it being lighter in the morning. Mowgli needed two days to get used to getting his meals an hour "late".

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've changed most of my clocks already, but I dread tomorrow. I'm convinced the cats go by sun time, so it's going to be a bad day for them - their mealtimes will all be messed up and I will pay the price for it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I completely forgot about it. Amber started screaming this morning and I automatically dragged my sorry butt out of bed. Came out to the kitchen to check my phone for the weather and it said 5:00. Say what? And then it hit me. Oh crap! So we went about the house, changing clocks around.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It will take awhile for my cats to adjust too, they were all on the bed at 3AM instead of 4 last night, it alway takes them a day or two to figure things out!
My cats love the end of DST. It means they get fed breakfast an hour earlier:coolcat: To them, it's well past 4am but the clock says otherwise :rolleyes:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia doesn't care about when she's fed - that's why she's my favorite, but Sparkle was a beast this morning. I usually feed the girls at 6:40 - I wake up at 6 on weekdays and make them (Sparkle) suffer though me drinking coffee first so they don't associate waking up as feeding time (I guess weekends mess that up). 5:20, Sparkle starts, because occasionally if she thinks I didn't give her enough at her night feed she'll start up a bit early.

So I decided to go halvsies. I ended up feeding about 6:05, and then tomorrow I'll push it the other half hour to where it's supposed to be tomorrow while I glare at Sparkle over my coffee mug.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kind of surprised so many people like "Fall Back." I guess i used to when I was younger but now it means getting home in the dark to me which is kind of depressing since I like being outside and taking walks after work when it's light out :(

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate it, too, when it's dark at 5 pm. There's some talk again about leaving DST on all year. This was tried back in the '70s, but too many children got hit by cars while they were waiting for the school bus in the morning darkness.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate it, too, when it's dark at 5 pm. There's some talk again about leaving DST on all year. This was tried back in the '70s, but too many children got hit by cars while they were waiting for the school bus in the morning darkness.
That's sad :( I used to think I would never want the time change to go away mostly because I just dont like change lol. But I am starting to feel differently.

I know there would be a lot of resistance from the farming community and other workers who need to be outside in early hours of the day too.