Day 3 of No Smoking...

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been smoke free for almost 9 months (and , no, I am not pregnant).

Don't be afraid to use patches / gum when you need to. Don't feel that you are failing because you can't adhere to someone else's quit program. Everyone is different

I have given up a few time before, but nothing stuck.

This last time I wore a patch for 3 weeks to help with the nicotene withdrawal, then nothing. I have not had so much as a puff

I feel fantastic! I still get the odd craving - but I can control it, and it passes really quickly.

It IS worth it

You can do it!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! You can do this!

After smoking 2 packs a day for 20 years, I finally quit almost 16 years ago. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. And to this day, there are times when I would cheerfully kill for a cigarette....I don't think the craving ever really goes away. You just learn to live with it.

Keep up the great work!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wishing you luck to continue. It has been 2 years this week since I quit for the last time. I had tried many times before but this time apparently I was ready.

Keep strong lady - you can do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks all, still going strong...

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so since yesterday I had a really strong craving for a smoke. Today it got so bad I was tempted to get cigarettes. But I DIDN'T.
I think the prob was I thought I was ready to stop with the nicotine supps that I'm getting by using right now (electronic cigs which are basically nicotine and water vapor..it helps me because it looks like a real cig and you have that hand motion of smoking but it's just like gum or the patch, really..).
So, instead I went out and got more nicotine from the electronic cigs. It's really funny charging my "cigarette" every night in the outlet but hey it is working to keep me from the real thing.
I feel kind of bad I am not able to let go of the nicotine too yet but it's only been 6 days..and I used to smoke 1-2 packs of cigarettes a day by myself. So I guess I shouldn't try to rush getting off the nic and then setting myself up for failure. At least I am still tobacco free and there is no second hand smoke, etc.
So, I'm hanging in there. These last two days have been rough though. I guess I just jumped the gun on being completely without nicotine.
ETA: I saw my doc yesterday and she said not to be too hard on myself, it absolutely still counts as no smoking so I guess I should listen to her.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
What strength e-liquid are you using? Most people start with high (18 mg) or extra-high and then taper down over a period of weeks or months, even a year or two. The device makes a difference, too, with the Ego/Tornado/Riva recommended the most. Have you checked out forums like ECF for tips?

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

What strength e-liquid are you using? Most people start with high (18 mg) or extra-high and then taper down over a period of weeks or months, even a year or two. The device makes a difference, too, with the Ego/Tornado/Riva recommended the most. Have you checked out forums like ECF for tips?
Well me and my bf both pitched in for the starter packs, one of us got the No.7s and the other got the Eco-Cigs so we're kind of rotating both of those around.
The cartomizers are high strength but if I recall right I think this brand's "high" dose is 16mg.
I didn't even know there were forums for these. Well I don't feel too bad then that I am at the 16mg and it's still been under a week since I quit.
I will for sure look into forums for that, thanks so much, I didn't even know any existed, it hadn't occured to me.