Davidson, an angel gracing heavens door

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz, I know you will make it through this. Be strong and we are here for you.

Davidson, there is a Gray Maine Coon named Hobbes that is there to guide you. He's a bit grumpy, but if you scratch behind his ear he'll be your friend for life. Be good little one.

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
i only logged on for a minute yesterday and i didnt check any new postings and so this morning when i actually got to read a bit i saw Davidsons name and thought no way not harleys davidson some one must be playing a joke. but the more i read the more i realized that fate took a horrible turn and although the kittys that have gone on before are welcoming a new angel we are mourning the loss of a beautiful soul. i am a crying mess right now and my heart goes out to you and your family. i still cant believe that he is gone. we are sending you lots of love and hugs.

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not been a member of this group for long, but long enough to know that Davidson was a very special furbaby to many!

I am shocked and saddened by this awful turn of events. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Play carefree over the bridge sweet Davidson

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Words are so inadequate at times like this. What we love so much about our babies - their independence and their curiosity can ultimately cause so much pain. I am so sorry.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thank you so much; that was beautifully stated.

All day I've been remembering Allie- when she lost little Lola. I remember she was SO young, about Davidson's age. I know Davidson was an angel sent to me straight from God, I just wish he could have stayed with me longer, I long to hold him, or even just look into his beautiful eyes and have that connection that we had. This is a loss that I never thought I'd have to deal with... not for many, MANY years down the road. His beautiful life was cut so soon, all I can do now is pray to him, and pray for forgiveness for whats happened to him
Awww, Kenz, thank you for thinking about us. It still means a lot when I get a message or comment in her honor...she, like Davidson, was such a wonderful being to have the priviledge of knowing.

I still think about her every day, in the same way I'm sure you'll think about Davidson every day. I was even blessed (I know, it's weird to say that) with several weeks to prepare before I had to let her go. I learned through that to make every day count with my remaining kitties.

For me, once I was past the initial mourning, the thing that helped most was to get out there and do something positive in honor of her memory. For me personally, that meant rescuing another cat. Gracie, in a roundabout way, owes her life and home to Lola, and in a weird way, I think she realizes how much we helped each other through that difficult time (Gracie had just been rescued from an a/c unit grate in NO where she was guarding the body of her littermate). Of course, it will be different for each of us. We all have our own ways to mourn.

I know this will probably do absolutely nothing to comfort you, but I've actually witnessed a young kitty passing away and having the same almost non-existent physical damage. The kitty in question was a new admission and had a mild heart condition that we were only aware of because of the intense battery of tests we do on our admission. One day, he was walking (not even running) around the shelter, stopped, seized and fell over. That was it. It was that fast. A necropsy revealed that he had a heart attack related to the condition. It was very fast and he didn't appear to suffer at all. Additionally, there was nothing any of us would have been able to do to help him.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Awww, Kenz, thank you for thinking about us. It still means a lot when I get a message or comment in her honor...she, like Davidson, was such a wonderful being to have the priviledge of knowing.

I still think about her every day, in the same way I'm sure you'll think about Davidson every day. I was even blessed (I know, it's weird to say that) with several weeks to prepare before I had to let her go. I learned through that to make every day count with my remaining kitties.

For me, once I was past the initial mourning, the thing that helped most was to get out there and do something positive in honor of her memory. For me personally, that meant rescuing another cat. Gracie, in a roundabout way, owes her life and home to Lola, and in a weird way, I think she realizes how much we helped each other through that difficult time (Gracie had just been rescued from an a/c unit grate in NO where she was guarding the body of her littermate). Of course, it will be different for each of us. We all have our own ways to mourn.

I know this will probably do absolutely nothing to comfort you, but I've actually witnessed a young kitty passing away and having the same almost non-existent physical damage. The kitty in question was a new admission and had a mild heart condition that we were only aware of because of the intense battery of tests we do on our admission. One day, he was walking (not even running) around the shelter, stopped, seized and fell over. That was it. It was that fast. A necropsy revealed that he had a heart attack related to the condition. It was very fast and he didn't appear to suffer at all. Additionally, there was nothing any of us would have been able to do to help him.
I've been wondering if something ilke that did happen, but I can't wonder about it any longer because it does me no good, and only pains me even more

We are planning on rescuing an older cat (not older than Harley) from the Humane Society, when the time is right

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We are planning on rescuing an older cat (not older than Harley) from the Humane Society, when the time is right
That is a great idea Kenze....

Giving a needy kitty a loving home is a wonderful way to honor Davidson.
I am sure that he would approve.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mackenzie, how you are managing to even breath in and out amazes me. Heaven needed and Angel, and fast. What you're going through is the very worse nightmare scenerio any of us even dare imagine. There are no words.. just are no words. This is being typed through lakes of tears. Harley is being so brave and strong during this deep time of mourning, both comforting, and being at his Mommy's side for comfort.

Please know you and Harley are in my prayers and heavily on my heart. You and Harley are cared for so deeply, precious Angel Davidson is forever cherished all over the world
. Today he is so happy in Heaven running an playing in Heaven as a part of him lives on within you and his brother. God bless you and may He bring peace and comfort to your shattered heart.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

Mackenzie, how you are managing to even breath in and out amazes me. Heaven needed and Angel, and fast. What you're going through is the very worse nightmare scenerio any of us even dare imagine. There are no words.. just are no words. This is being typed through lakes of tears. Harley is being so brave and strong during this deep time of mourning, both comforting, and being at his Mommy's side for comfort.

Please know you and Harley are in my prayers and heavily on my heart. You and Harley are cared for so deeply, precious Angel Davidson is forever cherished all over the world
. Today he is so happy in Heaven running an playing in Heaven as a part of him lives on within you and his brother. God bless you and may He bring peace and comfort to your shattered heart.
Thank you so much Stephanie
I have my moments, earlier I was doing okay until just the little things make me cry... and I don't know if crying is a good word, I think sobbing is more like it.

I went to scoop their litter boxes this morning, and his little paw prints were still in his box, I broke down and couldn't go any further

This is going to be a long healing process, I'm thankful I'm surrounded my so much love and support

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my God,.. Mackenzie.....

I just found out, I can't believe it, either...

The poor little boy... We know you & Harley love him with all your heart, and so do we - no matter where he is.. Even while he's at the Rainbow Bridge, we'll all still love him..... Just know that he is in a safe, happy place now!

{{{{{{{{{
HUGS
}}}}}}}}}

Just know that we are always here for you, and so is God (are you religious?) no matter what. And your boy Harley. I'm sure he's missing you, too, and will wait patiently for Harley and you... and in the meantime will be comfortable among the clouds and furry fluffy kittens who also lived a short life on earth..... See, people and animals, and cats, come and go from our lives, and no matter how long or short their time with us is, it's always worth it and there is always a reason for them coming into our lives. Davidson was a blessing to you and Harley. And yes, it hurts, and he will always have a special spot in your heart reserved just for him.

And you're right, it is a long, difficult healing process... and you, girl, are strong... we all know that
You will get through it, I promise you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Kenz that's wonderful sweetie!
You do it whenever your comfortable and if you feel ready at the weekend, next week or next month then so be it.

Just because your getting another baby doesn't mean you'll forget Davidson because you won't, we know that for sure

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Kenz that's wonderful sweetie!
You do it whenever your comfortable and if you feel ready at the weekend, next week or next month then so be it.

Just because your getting another baby doesn't mean you'll forget Davidson because you won't, we know that for sure
Thank you Susan
I am also planning on making a donation in Davidson's name at the HS that we adopt the new cat from

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Babyharley and family:

That is a wonderful thing you're planning to do and RosieMac is so right. In our family we do this too, because we KNOW so many, many sweet cats out there desperately need loving homes like ours; and to us, it is the greatest tribute we could pay our loved ones who've gone over the Bridge, all of whom were rescued, too. They would want us to give love and shelter and good care to another deserving cat, just like we did to them. So I think you are paying a magnificent tribute to your sweet boy Davidson by opening your hearts and home to a cat who so needs a home and love. Bless you all for caring!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank you Susan
I am also planning on making a donation in Davidson's name at the HS that we adopt the new cat from
Kenz that's lovely, and i'm just waiting for the cats protection to confirm that the other cat cabin that i'm going to sponsor can be named after Davidson, so hopefully it will and i'll send you the certificate

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..

Kenz that's lovely, and i'm just waiting for the cats protection to confirm that the other cat cabin that i'm going to sponsor can be named after Davidson, so hopefully it will and i'll send you the certificate
That is lovely. Susan you are just a gem

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Awwww Susan that would be so wonderful and what a beautiful sentiment from you.