Damita injured her paw!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She was curled up fast asleep, I didn't have the heart to wake her. I will have to get her up & see how she walks, then call the vet.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She has a barely noticable limp, but is otherwise walking on the paw!!!!

She's not holding it up when she sits down either!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray, Damita!!!!

These "handicapped" cats are so very special. Their determination to overcome everything life throws at them always manages to inspire me. I'm so happy for her, and for you!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Nat, I am SO relieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been so busy yesterday and today this is the first time I'm getting to check in, and I've been thinking about the poor baby.

A barely noticeable limp? No more holding it up? GO DAMITA GO!
:

Laurie

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Just wanted to say how happy I am to know Damita feels better. I've been following her story and it's wonderful she can use her leg again!

novemberflowers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad she is better. The thought of a blind kitty who now couldn't even use her paw was horrible.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're digging this thread up again.

She's not using her front paw without a "heavy" limp. She holds it up when she sits down. She's also mildly limping on her back paw, same side.

The vet we went to is gone until Thursday & then they're booked solid until Mon or Tues of next week. I won't bother with Dr. Stupid. There's one other vet to try.....and I hate to go to her, although I'm afraid I'll have to.

Her limp has been on & off again.....I'm waiting to see what she's like tonight after work. Sounds stupid, but it is definately not broken....if it is indeed nerve damage I'm thinking:
1) It won't hurt to watch her for a day (as per 2 vets)
2) a second opinion is important
3) I spoke with the vet I'm probably going to have to go to & they know to tentatively hold an appt. for us.

There is the chance it isn't nerve damage, but the vet I don't want to do to but will be taking her to said she could use a day or two to think & try to figure out what it could be....to research.