Damita injured her paw!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, that sounds painful

Hope she feels better soon and that it isn`t too difficult to treat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Correction....no broken bones.

Rather, nerve damage. She has no feeling/control in her paw, further up on her leg she does.

She got stabbed in the bum with....oh I forgot. Hopefully she'll have function within 3 days. If not, back for x-rays & such. She may never have use of her paw/leg again.

She also bit the vet & vet tech, scratched the tar outta them...she now has a note in her file.

She peed on my coat & in her carrier.....so hopefully it's just nerve damage in her paw....and not everywhere. It's unusual for her to pee all over. Watching her to see if she has any issues with bladder/bowel control, will call the vet with an update tomorrow.

Hopefully, my lil girl is up & walking by tonight!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The possiblity that this isn't just in her paw, the nerve damage, makes me sick to my stomach. Because if this is in her whole body....there's no quality of life.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Damita! She must be very confused about what is happening. Tell her Seb says welcome to the Note-in-File Club! Sending lots of positive thoughts for this to be just a temporary thing.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm....now I've got to deal with the LB issue. She can't dig. She can't bury. She was a feral, if she can't dig/bury....she won't go potty. I set up a low-sided LB for her, her cat bed, a blanket, food, & water in one spot. She's basically just sitting in one place. She hadn't moved from where she sat when she left the carrier when I checked on her....45 mins later.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, poor girl! Any idea what the damage is from?

I know her life is difficult as it is - will she be able to manage without the use of a paw?

More for that sweet girl!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found your thread. Poor Damita. She must be so confused about what is happening to her.

I hope the shot works and she regains feeling in her paw and can overcome all the related issues. Hugs to you
and many healing vibes to Damita.