Dad passed away this morning

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. No matter how old you are and how long you were expecting it, losing a parent still leaves you orphaned. The fact that his death followed so closely upon your aunt's makes it even tougher. Take care of yourself, Pam, and allow yourself time to grieve.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry.
What is it about this time of year!? Seems that so many have passed recently. I'm sure your Dad heard you. I'm really glad you made it in time too. I know how hard it is to live a distance away. My Grandfather has been sick and I'm the only one who doesn't live within a reasonable driving distance. :eek:\\

Hang in there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. As will the rest of your family. *hugs*

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. It will be a great comfort for you that you were able to be there and hold his hand and tell him that you all loved him.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I do hope he heard you - they say that hearing is the last sense to go, so there is every chance he did.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. May he rest in peace. Take all the time you need to grieve, and be gentle with yourself.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, I am so sorry
. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And I truly believe he heard you and knew he was surrounded by love by his whole family. Cry as much as you need to sweetie
. If you need to talk we're here for you.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry that you lost your daddy, I know I would be lost without mine. If it helps the hearing is the very last thing to go and some believe they can still hear for a bit once the heart stops.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sad for you!

You honor your father with tears - don't hold them back.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.
It is a comfort, indeed, that you were with him and were able to tell him you love him. And I'm sure he heard you. Grieving takes time, and it is a healing process. Blessings on you and your family, and smile at the memories and gain strength from your family and friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much. This weekend has been difficult. He's my dad and I thought the world of that man. Thank you for your words and thoughts and for the PMs.

We received their Christmas card on Friday and it said "Mom and Dad". It was an Eagles card and Mom said that it was Dad's idea to send that one to us....everybody in my family are Eagles fans and Dad wanted to do that this year.

Anyway, the service is this afternoon and all the kids are home. My son and DDIL are bringing our grandchildren, too; Caleb is four and Sarah just turned three. Caleb specifically said that he wanted to say good-bye. It's an outside service, though, so if it gets too cold for them, they can stay in the car. And my sister made reservations at a local restaurant for after the service. We know that Dad had said he didn't want us to do anything. But it's not often that all the cousins have a chance to get together and we felt that was important, too. It has taken my sister and me way too long to figure that out.

Thanks for being there....it has meant a lot to me. (((hugs)))

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

We received their Christmas card on Friday and it said "Mom and Dad". It was an Eagles card and Mom said that it was Dad's idea to send that one to us....everybody in my family are Eagles fans and Dad wanted to do that this year.
Awwww isn't that lovely!!
That's lovely that all the family are getting together as well

I hope everything goes smoothly this afternoon

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a parent, no matter how old you are. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today.