Dad passed away this morning

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My dad died this morning. He was 81 years old. I was lucky enough to get home in time and I was able to hold his hand and to tell him that I loved him. I knew my sister and brother wouldn't make it in time, so I told him that we all loved him. I don't know if he heard me.

I'm not handling this well at all. I can't stop crying. It will take time.

Thank you for your words of comfort when I had posted about Dad and my aunt at Thanksgiving and for when my aunt passed away last week. They are now both at rest. It was time.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad that you were able to be by his side. RIP.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry. How wonderful that you were with him and that you had so many wonderful years with him. Tears are healing, so cry all you want.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom on 10/29. I was with her the day before she died and told her I would take care of my dad and that we both love her. I think she heard me (she had not be conscious for days) and I think your dad heard you to.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I was able to hold his hand and to tell him that I loved him. I knew my sister and brother wouldn't make it in time, so I told him that we all loved him. I don't know if he heard me.
I'm sorry about your Dad *hugs*

And I'm positive that he heard you!!
Our hearing is the oldest sense, and the last to go before we die. So even if he was unconscious, he felt you holding his hand, and heard you talking to him.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss

I'm glad you got to hold his hand and tell him you all loved him, I'm sure he heard you/felt you there.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Pam, I just want to give you a huge hug right now...
I am so incredibly sorry sweetheart. You know we are here for you, and you can PM me ANY time you need to talk.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. I know you'll treasure your last moments with him.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, sweetie. And there's no such thing as "handling it well." Your grief happens as it happens....let it flow.

Hugs,

Cally